Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BUILD UP -1999-2001 PRELUDE TYPE S tell me what you think!!!

2000 HONDA PRELUDE TYPE S BUILD UP: starts June /July of 2006
PARTS BUDGET NOT INC CAR COST: $20,000

1999-2001 HONDA PRELUDE BUDGET


CAR COST: $ 6000.00 OR LESS WITH BLOWN ENGINE/TRANSMISSION

JC WHITNEY PARTS LIST


ZX484255P Silver Underdrive Pulley Set - AEM
$189.99
ZX496195NF Mega Power Exhaust System - SKUNK2 - JDM N1 STYLE
$579.99
ZX500094BF Premium-grade T304 Stainless Steel 4-2-1 2-pc. Header Kit - DC SPORTS
$449.99
ZX497606P 70mm Billet Throttle Body - STI
$349.99
ZX261039X Chrome Front Upper Strut Tower Brace - DC SPORTS
$69.99
ZX482102W Aluminum Flywheel - CLUTCH MASTERS
$339.99
ZX482067A Stage l Clutch System - CLUTCH MASTERS
$349.99

SUBTOTAL for parts: $2329.93

Jackson Racing:

989-655 Jackson Racing Supercharger System - Prelude
$2995.00
989-659 Hondata Heat Insulating Gasket- Prelude
$60.00

SUBTOTAL for parts: $3055.00


BUDGET FOR ENGINE/TRANSMISSION

HONDA H22A/with transmission and ECU - JDM OR JDM TYPE S
$5000.00 WITH REBUILD AND INSTALATION OF PARTS

SUBTOTAL for parts: $5000.00

SUBTOTAL FOR ALL PERFORMANCE PARTS: $10,384.93


A/V components

Clarion DXZ865MP Touchscreen CD/MP3/WMA Player
$549.99
Alpine Amp/Dual Sub/Box Combo Alpine Amp & Dual 12" Sub, Box Combo
$449.99
Alpine Type-R SPR-69LP 6"x9" 2-way Car Speakers
$159.99
Polk Audio db5250 5-1/4" Component System
$152.99
StreetWires PSK08RI 8 gauge Amp Wiring Kit Red with Patch Cable
$69.99

SUBTOTAL for parts: $1382.95


Body Mods:

PRELUDE AVENGER 4PC COMPLETE Kit - urethane
$1,022.00
Honda Prelude Mugen Style Wing
$150.00
street glow MULTI-COLOR LED UNDERCAR KIT
$269.99
tint job
$400.00
custom paint and body -custom graphics
$2500.00

subtotal: $4341.99

interior parts

racing seats - with 4 point seatbelts
$1800.00
misc: painting /re aphpolstry
$2000.00

subtotal: $3800.00


total for parts- $19909.87 estimate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now i sourced all of these prices from the internet and i know some of them are a bit high and that i can get alot of this for much cheaper but at least with this list at these prices i can at least compensate if one part is cheaper and another is more expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
you dont need a type S or JDM H if you plan on boosting. USDM is going to suit you better with the lowered compression. Not to mention you will save a shitload of money.

you are complete negating the most important part of the setup.....TUNING

streetglow....graphics...personally i see that as wasted money to could be spent elsewhere to ensure the motor has a nice life.

DC sports header.....waste of money
- spend the money you are going to spend on BS parts and get you a header that is actually going to do something ie: www.hytechexhausts.com, www.sms-products.com.

What about suspension? Forgetting anther very important aspect.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
I suggest you don't use an aftermarket underdrive pulley, specially if you're supercharging (Harmonic Resonance)... I would look a little into this before doing such a mod.

DC sports header is too expensive and for that price you could get a Greddy, even better get a 4 to 1 one piece headers, puts down more + hp. From what I hear the RMF have unbeleivable reputation... if you were going to pay almost $500 on a DC Sports Header I would say forget the dumb street glow lights as well as the $400 expensive tint job and get the RMF headers which combined with a Supercharger would be an awsome combination.

Get a Fidanza Flywheel for that price and if I where you get an Act Clucth instead of Master Clutch and Flywheel.

This would be my way to do it, everything else seems ok...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
I suggest you don't use an aftermarket underdrive pulley, specially if you're supercharging (Harmonic Resonance)... I would look a little into this before doing such a mod.

DC sports header is too expensive and for that price you could get a Greddy, even better get a 4 to 1 one piece headers, puts down more + hp. From what I hear the RMF have unbeleivable reputation... if you were going to pay almost $500 on a DC Sports Header I would say forget the dumb street glow lights as well as the $400 expensive tint job and get the RMF headers which combined with a Supercharger would be an awsome combination.

Get a Fidanza Flywheel for that price and if I where you get an Act Clucth instead of Master Clutch and Flywheel.

This would be my way to do it, everything else seems ok...
RMF wont fit with a JRSC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
PreludeLvrArmy said:
hehe thanks for the imput this is the first jdm swap i am doing and if you think the lower compression will help thats awsome now should i consider the type s cams in it if i go with a usdm h22?
use the stock cams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
road.head said:
RMF wont fit with a JRSC
and how do you ponder that? header goes to exhaust...doesnt even touch the JRSC??? :bash

Nice to see you are ambitious with the car. But if you lay it all out like that, you're spending what ~$26,000. Screw the prelude I'd buy a better car. You can get a used 350Z or S2000 for that.

So how close are you to all these things June/July is 3-4 months away. Do you have the car yet?

EDIT: nevermind...you said the buildup starts then...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
DOHCVTEC190 said:
and how do you ponder that? header goes to exhaust...doesnt even touch the JRSC??? :bash

Nice to see you are ambitious with the car. But if you lay it all out like that, you're spending what ~$26,000. Screw the prelude I'd buy a better car. You can get a used 350Z or S2000 for that.

So how close are you to all these things June/July is 3-4 months away. Do you have the car yet?

EDIT: nevermind...you said the buildup starts then...
it doesnt clear the powersteering bracket that comes with the JRSC :rolleyes



kthxbye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
$20 says this car will never be built. This is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. You couldn't possibly spend more money for a low-14s drag car. I assume it's a drag/show car because you forgot to list suspension parts, and by your estimates, that would be another ten grand. You don't even realize how much a good paint job costs. You could buy a brand new car, like an EVO RS, for the same price (after you factor in a real paint job on that bucket), and it would go faster, handle better, and look ALOT better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
i think he just came into some money and wants to do something fun with it that will make him happy. i say do what you want to do!

as far as constructive advice, anyone that knows what they are talking about will tell you that dc headers are pos. listen to them. if you really have that much money you need to be putting it towards something good that will work/last.

what are you going for with this car anyway? daily driver? drag? autox? show car? that would help people make suggestions for better parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Yeah you're price is crazy high, like really crazy high. $400 for tint? The place my friends and I all go to is a highly respected tint place, and they charge $150 for a whole car, and that's with a custom cut back window piece. A lot of the other stuff too, damn man, shop around. I'm not gonna comment on the "ricer" stuff, it's your car, so to each their own. But suspension, brakes, tuning...you left out a lot ot stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
That's a nice budet to work with. However, IMO I don't think it has been fully thought out. I believe somebody mentioned suspension missing, which I agree with 100%. It seems as though you're looking to build a fast/show car that will be a daily driver. I other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
94PreludeJDM said:
Yeah you're price is crazy high, like really crazy high. $400 for tint? The place my friends and I all go to is a highly respected tint place, and they charge $150 for a whole car, and that's with a custom cut back window piece. A lot of the other stuff too, damn man, shop around. I'm not gonna comment on the "ricer" stuff, it's your car, so to each their own. But suspension, brakes, tuning...you left out a lot ot stuff.
word, i was totally trying to avoid the ricer topic. lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes i did come into some money i'm us army serving with the 3rd infantry division here on ft benning GA and i was recently in iraq till i got my ass blown up now i'm getting a 25,000.00 check for loosing and index finger.. plus the 20,000 i saved while i was over there.... as for the car it's really simple i just want i nice... very torque laden... clean ... daily driver.... think showcar that i refuse to
trailer anywhere ... as for why not a better car... simply put i love the prelude body style .. but i have changed my mind on one thing .. this is going to be a 4th gen bodystyle... as for the money building cars has been my hobby since i was 14yo with my father.. i'm a mechanic in the army.. and i want this for myself .. you call it rice i call it personal expression.. i don't care if it's the fastest.. or if it's the loudest, or if it's the nicest.. i just want it to be my car thats all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
what a shame that you will be ricing it out with a body kit and underglow.
What a shame that you need to comment on someone else's taste... :noo Besides, some people like looks that nobody else has. :byye

flyingtoaster said:
$20 says this car will never be built. This is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. You couldn't possibly spend more money for a low-14s drag car. I assume it's a drag/show car because you forgot to list suspension parts, and by your estimates, that would be another ten grand. You don't even realize how much a good paint job costs. You could buy a brand new car, like an EVO RS, for the same price (after you factor in a real paint job on that bucket), and it would go faster, handle better, and look ALOT better.
I agree that he hasn't thought out or studied out yet on things to waste on the car like we do... but man... go easy on him. :hug On the other hand, I have to disagree...I doubt an EVO looks better, Prelude's 4th Gen look is fucking kick ass, after 10 years still it turns heads on the streets. :wow A f.....g EVO? Are you kidding me? :fear They're just fast designed cars but that's it, just another Lancer with another motor.

PreludeLvrArmy said:
yes i did come into some money i'm us army serving with the 3rd infantry division here on ft benning GA and i was recently in iraq till i got my ass blown up now i'm getting a 25,000.00 check for loosing and index finger.. plus the 20,000 i saved while i was over there.... as for the car it's really simple i just want i nice... very torque laden... clean ... daily driver.... think showcar that i refuse to
trailer anywhere ... as for why not a better car... simply put i love the prelude body style .. but i have changed my mind on one thing .. this is going to be a 4th gen bodystyle... as for the money building cars has been my hobby since i was 14yo with my father.. i'm a mechanic in the army.. and i want this for myself .. you call it rice i call it personal expression.. i don't care if it's the fastest.. or if it's the loudest, or if it's the nicest.. i just want it to be my car thats all
Never mind the haters man... you expressed it the right way... but man... research a little bid more before you spend unwisely the money. I helped build my friend a Drag Turbo (everyday driver) Prelude 94 swapped with 500+ whp programmable with only $8,000. This included a Greddy T03/T04 (40/60) Turbine, Crower valve train... the works... never went cheap and it is only 1/3 of what you are going to waste.

By the way? What color are you going to paint it? I would go something different... I painted my car with the KY01 Code 350z Silverish paint :number1
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top