Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I originaly built my b17 for turbo (JE pistons/rings, stock rods, honda "pink" bearings, micro polished crank, type r oil pump,ect..) but I have to rebuild my WRX now so i have to sell the turbo kit. Since the motor was built to handle turbo, could I put a nitrous kit on it and expect the same reliablity due to the semi "built" motor?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Same effect..matter of fact..bigger shot..if its built you can probably go 150-200 depending on what your car actually has done, and probably make just as much power if not more then a turbo..read into it, maybe list your completely setup including your fuel pump and injectors andwhat not..so we can know what your messing with..nitrous = the sex0r

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, I have the walbro 255gph already installed. I believe the ecu to be stock (do you know what the redline is on a 93 GSR offhand?) adjustable fpr, ngk plugs/wires,cia,dc header, msd coil/sci, stock inj. (have 550cc's that came with turbo kit,use?),stock intake mani./fuel rail,stock head,JE 9:8:1 pistons/rings, type r oil pump, micropolished crank,stock rods, honda pink main bearings, block honed and bored to 82mm,am i missing anything? I am going to have it tuned on saturday, what kinda numbers should i expect?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
TATTOO420 said:
ok, I have the walbro 255gph already installed. I believe the ecu to be stock (do you know what the redline is on a 93 GSR offhand?) adjustable fpr, ngk plugs/wires,cia,dc header, msd coil/sci, stock inj. (have 550cc's that came with turbo kit,use?),stock intake mani./fuel rail,stock head,JE 9:8:1 pistons/rings, type r oil pump, micropolished crank,stock rods, honda pink main bearings, block honed and bored to 82mm,am i missing anything? I am going to have it tuned on saturday, what kinda numbers should i expect?
Low compression pistons so , dont expect much out of it..that sounds about standard, redline on gsr's is 8102in the ecu, however, u should do well with a 150 shot on the motor i believe..let us know how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.