Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my grandmother is unable to drive her prelude no more and i was wondering what would be a reasonable offer to give her for her 1986 prelude it has power windows and a sun roof as well as 56,000 miles on the stock motori kid you not. Before she was unable to drive she rarely drove it and i mean RARELY

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid $1000 for my 87 Prelude Si

And that was a good or at least a fair deal with 156,000 miles. I have seen people ask real high prices for low mileage cars. Mine runs good but wasn't cherry at $1000. I paid $800 for bodywork and paint at 1 Day Paint which is like Earl Schieb or Maco except better paint and prepration. $457 to get air conditioning converted to 134a with a new compressor and drier. $70 for hood, grille, some of the side moulding , front bumper on 1/2 price day each month at Pick Your Part. I plan to keep it quite awhile.

·
Registered
255 Posts
:bash

...and you call yourself a prelude owner :hehe

nah but if it's your grandma and she loves ya she should hook ya up with a great deal. any other seller i would say somewhere in the 1k-1.5k region depending on overall cleanliness.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i just picked up a 88 si 5speed 4wheel steer with 225k today. i traded my 86 cherokee (178k) 2.5l 4speed stick 6" lift and 200 cash for my lude. but he wanted about 800-1000. so i geuss i paid 1000 for it but for 800 i coulda had it cash but i was kinda tired of the xj so i traded it.
personally i would ask her how much she wants and let that be the price. she is family, let her choose

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
a 1000 dollars max....it's a 23 year old car...and low miles only proves that it's been sitting....which isn't a good thing......but eg hatches go for 1500 bucks why would you spend that same amount for a car that's 7-8 years older.....it's a damn prelude.....no offense but the car isn't even special so why over pay for it?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
a 1000 dollars max....it's a 23 year old car...and low miles only proves that it's been sitting....which isn't a good thing......but eg hatches go for 1500 bucks why would you spend that same amount for a car that's 7-8 years older.....it's a damn prelude.....no offense but the car isn't even special so why over pay for it?
is the 4wheel steer rare on ludes?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
no they made it all they way up until the last generation lude.....honda wasn't even the only car company to use it at the time
yea i knew it was offered other years. ive heard theres two systems and one sucks. but basically its a specail option for any lude right?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i don't know how special an option it was but i know you don't see too many out there today still on the road, and mitsibushi used the same thing i believe a few years after that. i remember seeing that red 3000gt making that powerslide turn in the dirt on the commercial for the car showing its four wheel steering capabilities. i don't know, it's not a special special car but it is kinda rare and if you were to do a swap and revive the car i think it'd be something unique, it's always good to be different

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
i don't know how special an option it was but i know you don't see too many out there today still on the road, and mitsibushi used the same thing i believe a few years after that. i remember seeing that red 3000gt making that powerslide turn in the dirt on the commercial for the car showing its four wheel steering capabilities. i don't know, it's not a special special car but it is kinda rare and if you were to do a swap and revive the car i think it'd be something unique, it's always good to be different
mitsu, nissan, and now chevy hehe

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
yeah but imagina an 88 prelude with 4ws with something like an h22 in it, i know it's been done but that's still different than what most of us got going on here

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Actually, The USDM Prelude last year of 4WS was 94. I wish I could have gotten it on my 95 SE (which is an SI model)
who said anything about usdm? he asked if a lude with 4ws was rare enough to be worth paying an inflated price tag and it isn't.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
well now that ive had the lude ove a year and whent from 225k to 240k the 4ws is amazing! just f ing amazing! it loves corners i do 75 in corners where most cars dont like to do over 35. and the h22 swap is pretty common now and the turbo h22 as well. i have even owned a 87 porsche 944 during the time 50/50 weight car trans in rear and motor in front 2.5l 4 banger, not as good as the lude so i sold it.but when they say bastard b series its so true

1 - 17 of 17 Posts