Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, everyone. i know there's not many people around this section, but i just thought i'd pop in real quick. i just got my motorcycle license, and bought a silly little 125cc from a friend. anyone got recommendations on my next motorcycle? thanks, and hope to see you all soon >.<

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you are looking for a sport bike. I would recommend a 600 or 750. If you just starting to ride. I wouldnt recommend getting anything above that. I have a 2000 ZX-7R(750 ninja). I love it. Not the fastest bike out there. But then again. Its fast enough. And very nice ergonomics. Which is another thing you really need to consider when shopping for a bike. Suzuki's have the worst ergo's. But are probably the fastest bikes straight off the showroom floor. Honda's are more refined. Have better ergo's. But you do sacrifice a lil performance for that. Kaw's are good in both departments. But some people just dont like Kawasaki bikes. Dont know why. Yamaha's are really good also. But if you are looking for a more rounded bike. If I were you. I would just get a CBR600RR.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for my next bike i'm lookin at sport bikes. since i'm starting off with such a small engine, i think it would be a logical choice to go for the 500-600cc range for my next bike. like you said, c_walk_n_va, i'm lookin at that one at the moment. for the time being, i want one i can just drive around town because it'll be so much cheaper and faster to ride a motorcycle to campus than to drive a car.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Get a CBR 600 F4i two of my friends had them for there first bike. They are one of the easiest sport bikes I have rode, and they will still shit and get and have good all around performance. After I rode one for a while I reconmend CBR's to any beginner.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
nothing silly about a 125. The little bikes are perfect to start out on. They allow you to hone your skills and build confidence. You will ride so much better when you step up since you started on a more forgiving bike.

When moving up, I'd look at 600's like people have said. They are plenty fast. An F4i is a perfect 'next step' bike. Its a more forgiving sportbike. Not to say it wont spit you off any less fast, but its not a complete all out race replica like the 600rr or others. Best idea is to go test sit some and see what feels comfortable to you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i started out on a fizzer 600.. sweet ass bikes.. then i switched over to a 2002 Honda CBR600 F4i.. and i love it even more.. I say go for a 600 no more no less..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts