Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about these coilovers! Quality wise and ride wise. The price doesnt seem to bad but i just wanna make sure the coilovers are decent! for a buddy of mine! help me out with some replies!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
All I can say is that I will be getting these. They are not stiffness adjustable, cause they don't really need it. they are made and balanced specifically for each car and besides, $650 SHIPPED is cheaper than a good set of springs and some Tokico illuminas. Kteller, a sponsor of this forum, extends the 1 year warranty on these by another year when bought from them. And they ARE rebuildable. I can't wait to get mine!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omni-Power coilovers can be raised or lowered, up to 4in., from two separate positions which allows the user to raise or lower their vehicle without affecting spring preload or damper stroke length. We incorporated large 46mm pistons along with 20mm shafts which we found far superior to typical smaller piston/shaft coilovers. By using large 46mm pistons we were able to greatly reduce the stroke length, while still moving the same amount of fluid, resulting in unprecedented efficiency. All coilover systems include high grade aluminum pillow mounts further enhancing overall control. We used CNC Wound SAE 9254 Racing Springs which were found to be the longest lasting spring on the market that showed no tendencies to sag.

Sports spring (F=12K & R=10K ) Streets spring (F= 10k & R=8K) and damper rates that yield exceptional handling characteristics coupled with unsurpassed street drivability

Features
- Anodized Aluminum Shock Body
- Aluminum Pillow Mounts
- 46 mm Single Piston Shock Achieves Unsupassed Level of Control and Sensitivity
- 20 mm Induction Hardened Shaft Designed To Withstand Both Track Abuse As Well As Road Imperfections.
- CNC Wound SAE 9254 Steel Spring for Maximum Performance and Durability

Kits Available for

- Honda Civic EX, LX, DX, Si HB 1992-95 Street and Sports -- $649.00 shipped
- Honda Civic DX HB, CX HB, EX, LX, HX, DX 1996-00 Street and Sports - $649.00 shipped
- Honda Civic SI DOHC Vtec 1999-00 Street and Sports - $649.00 shipped
- Acura Integra GSR, LS, LS Special, RS 1994-01 Street and Sports - $649.00 shipped
- Acura Integra Type R 1994-01 Street and Sports - $649.00 shipped

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Nyceguy17 said:
All I can say is that I will be getting these. They are not stiffness adjustable, cause they don't really need it. they are made and balanced specifically for each car and besides, $650 SHIPPED is cheaper than a good set of springs and some Tokico illuminas. Kteller, a sponsor of this forum, extends the 1 year warranty on these by another year when bought from them. And they ARE rebuildable. I can't wait to get mine!
Yea, totally agree^^. Somebody on honda tech put them on the shock dyno and it out performed all of Koni's shocks. i will also be acquiring a set as soon as all the snow melts.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
yeah I put some on my friends hatch - he got the sport editions and said theyre too bouncy, but his performance is insane.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
yes the coilovers are made for a 92-00 civic. The installation is very simple. All you need to do is unbolt the LCA bolts and the strut tower nuts. Then for the front unbolt the bolt that goes through the fork that connects to the LCA. Everything from there is straight drop in.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
CFactor said:
yeah I put some on my friends hatch - he got the sport editions and said theyre too bouncy, but his performance is insane.
you probably mean stiff and not bouncy. if they're bouncy then the shocks/struts are not matched to the spring rates very well which in turn makes it a shitty setup. the shocks will eventually blow.

BFK_SI_EG said:
one of the mods has them, i think it is kommonsense
kommon has the H&R sports along with Koni yellows, which a very nice setup.
i used to have the neuspeed race springs on kony yellows and it was awesome. i wouldnt trade it for any other cheap coilover sleeve setup.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
you probably mean stiff and not bouncy. if they're bouncy then the shocks/struts are not matched to the spring rates very well which in turn makes it a shitty setup. the shocks will eventually blow.

kommon has the H&R sports along with Koni yellows, which a very nice setup.
i used to have the neuspeed race springs on kony yellows and it was awesome. i wouldnt trade it for any other cheap coilover sleeve setup.
Yeah I meant stiff - my friend is like 5"4 and has hit his head on the roof of his hatch since he threw the coilovers on haha. He says he loves the performance though, but would have been happier with the street setup.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
CFactor said:
Yeah I meant stiff - my friend is like 5"4 and has hit his head on the roof of his hatch since he threw the coilovers on haha. He says he loves the performance though, but would have been happier with the street setup.

Hmm, i wanted to get the sports, but now I may consider the street version.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.