Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into ordering some Omnipowers for my hatch and I want a smooth ride. I dont plan on Auto-xing it just mainly street use. I dont want to go cheap too and get just sleeves or springs. My question is, what kind of spring rate should I go with if I plan on putting them into my B16 Hatch? I hear they ride kind of stiff with the factory spring rate so I would like something a little softer...but not too soft so I wont lose too much in the handling dept. Thanks, I'm not too good with the numbers but i'll try.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
so you're saying that you want to get a full coilover set-up from omni? For daily use, I would get there sport set-up which is 10k in the front and 8k in the rear. they also have 12k front and 10k rear, but some people have said that's pretty harsh for a daily driver. make sure you take your time in purchasing this as well. do a lot of research, becasue you don't wanna buy something you won't be happy with

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kommon_sense said:
you are wasting money on coilovers if your concern is just with having a smooth ride. Get some springs and be done with it.
Well i understand what you're saying. I mean, I do want it to handle nicely and all but the majority of my driving isn't going to be hitting 60 on sharp turns, it will be to school, work, etc. In between harsh driving, I want it to ride smooth. Also, I would get springs/shocks but I want adjustability as well. So that would leave me with a coilover sleeve/shock combo or just getting them in a package. Get what I mean? Can't I go with something less stiff than both the sport and street mentioned? Or is it just a choice of which of the two? If so I think I need to do more research into something that will suit my needs more.

Thanks for your replies guys...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
get coilover sleeves and spring rates in the 200-300lb/ft region with kyb agx or koni yellows (depending on your budget)...should be what you're looking for

·
Registered
381 Posts
VtecSol said:
I want it to ride smooth. Also, I would get springs/shocks but I want adjustability as well. So that would leave me with a coilover sleeve/shock combo or just getting them in a package. Get what I mean? Can't I go with something less stiff than both the sport and street mentioned? Or is it just a choice of which of the two? If so I think I need to do more research into something that will suit my needs more.

Thanks for your replies guys...
i'm not going to argue with whether or not you need a coilover. if you buy just springs, the shocks are going to go out sometime in the near future.. then you'll need to replace the shocks.. so i figure either way, you'll end up spending about the same amount of money. i've heard omni are relatively cheap in price..about the 600 range.. if you want something less aggressive, you can get the tein basics. you should also be able to find them in the 600 range. i had them on my civic before and i'm sure the ride is what you're looking for. it can hold it's own with aggressive driving as well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
syc said:
i'm not going to argue with whether or not you need a coilover. if you buy just springs, the shocks are going to go out sometime in the near future.. then you'll need to replace the shocks.. so i figure either way, you'll end up spending about the same amount of money. i've heard omni are relatively cheap in price..about the 600 range.. if you want something less aggressive, you can get the tein basics. you should also be able to find them in the 600 range. i had them on my civic before and i'm sure the ride is what you're looking for. it can hold it's own with aggressive driving as well.
Great..i'll look into those Tein Basics, any idea where I can find a site that has them for the price you listed? I found the Omnis for 650 shipped, so i'll pay up to 700 shipped for the Teins if i can.

And Kommon, i want the adjustability because i'd like to slam it during the summer months and raise it during winter.... :boo to snow and potholes...

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
VtecSol said:
And Kommon, i want the adjustability because i'd like to slam it during the summer months and raise it during winter.... :boo to snow and potholes...
Sorry, misunderstood. I was thinking dampening adjustability as opposed to ride-height adjustability.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
VtecSol said:
Great..i'll look into those Tein Basics, any idea where I can find a site that has them for the price you listed? I found the Omnis for 650 shipped, so i'll pay up to 700 shipped for the Teins if i can.

you can check out www.robearracing.com they have some good stuff. or just go to www.tein.com for more information, but they will be more expensive there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.