Votes: 2 16.7%
  • You might be on to somthing

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says I just had one quick idea...I was thinking that it would be much easier for us to have sub forums withing the Accord Forum for each generation of the model. My line of thinking is, that there would be no need for people to post and repost past questions if we have a generation specific forum for each.

I know this might prove somewhat of a challenge to reformat the way the forum is ran, but it would be much more efficient, since people know where to look for answers on questions.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
not bad of an idea.... but there will be soooooooooooooooo many forums

maybe cluster them by

1, 2 and 3rd gen in one sub forum

4th and 5th

6th and 7th

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that not too many people would have early gen accords so you can cluster those, but from the 4th and on, i think they could be separate ones.... since they are totally different cars.

And I was also thinking that we can already piece out the stickies which belong to each gen appropriately. This would make it much easier on impatient people like me from reading a ton of things that dont pertain to my model.

It sounds like a ton of work...but it can be space out "accordingling" to the Mods time.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
i think it's a great idea and it's alot easier to find the information you need. ***********.com is set up that way with each generation. of course then I'm sure civic forums and prelude forums might want the same. overall a great idea, but will be work to get

·
Registered
968 Posts
considering that ***********.com is mainly an accord forum, but there are definitely not enough people to clog that one up, unlike this one were there is a ton of people to do it for on here.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
sorry, i think that's the most retarded idea evAr :td

why? because an accord is an accord is an accord is an accord. get it? same basic f-series principal, same basic tuning ideas, same basic layouts, etc etc. the idea is to come to the forum and learn. it doesn't matter what generation you have. cuz what's going to happen is that you'll stay secluded in your own generation forum for the most part. that's bullshit. if you have a 4gen and someone has a problem w/ their 6gen, i guarantee that a 4gen member can offer a suggestion that can get the 6gen member started as to what to look for.

how do i know this? for years, all i've done was work on my own 6gen. then my ex's cousin had a problem w/ her 5gen...well guess what, my knowlege of the 6gen really helped me narrow down the problems of her 5gen. then i stretched my knowlege of civics and integras and the basic principles were the same, but it's a totally different car from the ground up, so it's good that these forums are separated. but you know what? the same basic ideas still hold for my mr2, just backwards.

anyways, what i'm trying to say is that within the accord family, everything is pretty much the same. you just gotta be smarter than the tools and the slight variances thrown at you :nod

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
:stupid
yep you don't want to isolate yourself in your own gen, you don't learn any more

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UltraMagneticAL said:
sorry, i think that's the most retarded idea evAr :td

why? because an accord is an accord is an accord is an accord. get it? same basic f-series principal, same basic tuning ideas, same basic layouts, etc etc. the idea is to come to the forum and learn. it doesn't matter what generation you have. cuz what's going to happen is that you'll stay secluded in your own generation forum for the most part. that's bullshit. if you have a 4gen and someone has a problem w/ their 6gen, i guarantee that a 4gen member can offer a suggestion that can get the 6gen member started as to what to look for.

how do i know this? for years, all i've done was work on my own 6gen. then my ex's cousin had a problem w/ her 5gen...well guess what, my knowlege of the 6gen really helped me narrow down the problems of her 5gen. then i stretched my knowlege of civics and integras and the basic principles were the same, but it's a totally different car from the ground up, so it's good that these forums are separated. but you know what? the same basic ideas still hold for my mr2, just backwards.

anyways, what i'm trying to say is that within the accord family, everything is pretty much the same. you just gotta be smarter than the tools and the slight variances thrown at you :nod
Never thought of it this way, but still not giving up on the idea :D

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
cool, more power to you then. but it's not going to happen :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts