Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my other car, a 91 civic si hatch is having some problems. :mad it's winter here in wisconsin and there is a lot of snow. my car is one wheel drive and i don't know whats wrong! even when i'm on the snow i can't even spin the right tire, ever! it makes popping noises on the right side by the half shafts and cv's so it's probably a joint in the axle or something???? if anybody has advice on what this is please help me!!!!!! :confused

thanks

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i wouldn't think it would move at all with a busted axle....

·
Registered
16 Posts
My thought is that it could just be a busted Half Shaft. Was it popping before when you would turn...I mean before all of this happened?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
kommon_sense said:
doh... you are right... wonder if it is seized since an open diff should always take the path of least resistance.
its most likely axle or cv joint, or possibly a worn bore in the differential case.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
kommon_sense said:
doh... you are right... wonder if it is seized since an open diff should always take the path of least resistance.
right as usual :)

its most likely axle or cv joint, or possibly a worn bore in the differential case.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
fastdx87 said:
my other car, a 91 civic si hatch is having some problems. :mad it's winter here in wisconsin and there is a lot of snow. my car is one wheel drive and i don't know whats wrong! even when i'm on the snow i can't even spin the right tire, ever! it makes popping noises on the right side by the half shafts and cv's so it's probably a joint in the axle or something???? if anybody has advice on what this is please help me!!!!!! :confused

thanks
im sure its a busted axle. try driving and see which side its broken from..tranny side or wheel side.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The noise I would look into but with only one wheel turning thats typical of cars that have open differentials ( trannys)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts