Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start off I'm very very very new to the CRX world. I drove one about 3 weeks ago and fell in love. So now here I am and I'm looking to buy one myself to start fixing up and doing what I'm sure everyone else on here wants to do...make a kickass ride. The CRX I've currently got my eye on has a b18c swapped into it. Here's the catch though...the guy said that he purchased the engine from www.hmotorsonline.com and after visiting the website and seeing their disclaimer I've had some second thoughts. The first line of the disclaimer says *All engines, engine parts and electrical components are for RACING VEHICLES ONLY. They are not for or to be used on public roads in the USA* Also when visiting the actual description of the engine swapped in it says that the engine averages 17,000 miles. The guys said that there's 23,000 miles on the engine now. So I was just wonderring if the low mileage for the engine is for racing or what. I need the car for everyday driving. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Trust Them

The engines that come from hmotorsonline.com are mostly from JDM Cars (Cars made in Japan) and more than likely have not been raced. As for the "Only for Racing" they say this because in some states it can be illeagal to swap an engine and you must follow certain guidelines when swaping an engine. I would greatly advise you go with hmotorsonline there are many people that go with them in the SHO Forums and they are a trusted company.

·
Registered
937 Posts
HMotorsOnline is the BEST when it comes to Honda Engines.

So far I have bought
(JDM) D15B
(JDM) B16A
B16A2
(JDM) B18C
(JDM) H22A
K20A2

Never had a single problem from them..........THE BEST!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. As to the fact that I'm extremely new at this Honda thing, any info you guys give is greatly appreciated. The only other question I have still is that on the page that has the engine it says that the engines average 17,000 miles. Does that mean that the engine is only going to last that long or what? The owner that has it now says that there's 23,000 miles on the engine and tranny. The model is also the JDM model just to let you know incase that helps at all. THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hahahah, the engine used to be in Japanese cars and they have been driven on. When Hmotorsonline gets the motors they usually have about 17,000-30,000 I think but im not 100% sure, they may have less miles than that.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
turbotious kid said:
If you get that b18c swapped crx you'll love it. I know i Did when i Had one. Until some stupid low life thiefs stold it from me! :mad

i guess you should change ur sig then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.