Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
638 Posts
For those of you who aren't GroupBuy members these are what he is talking about.

Not bad, check to see what the offset is first before you get them. Anything offest 40^ you should be fine with most drops.

· Registered
150 Posts
I say DON'T DO IT. I had a set of 15's on mine for the winter and my word did it look bad. They just don't support the size of the car very well. You would be happier with a 17. But that is just my .02

· Registered
6 Posts
TOOOO SMALL

4 a 4 door sedan, 15s are too dammm small, you miught as well leave your stockies.. Remebering its a 4 door civic. My opinion would 2 save up and aleast get some 17 or even 18 for 4 door sedans.
Lata...

· Registered
170 Posts
Get them! those rims are sweet. I have 17's on my civic but I think 15's look awesome as well. Here's a pic of someone's 5th gen 4door from another board on 15's

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies.

That picture of the 5th gen civic on 15s looks pretty nice, but it seems to be lowered some. I don't know if I'm lowering my car anytime soon... I'd like to get 16s or 17s, but who knows when I'll be able to afford those :(

· Registered
1,081 Posts
forget big wheels, they are more show than anything, and actualy hurt gas mileage and performance, i'd rather have 13" steelies than 17"s again, well so as long as those 13"s were MT ET's on the front :)

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
trentdx said:
forget big wheels, they are more show than anything, and actualy hurt gas mileage and performance, i'd rather have 13" steelies than 17"s again, well so as long as those 13"s were MT ET's on the front :)
Very good point(s)! I'm not really looking into "show" wheels, just something to replace these disgusting & scratched up plastic hubcaps :p I'm thinking maybe 15" off that group buy in silver, and then save up for some springs to lower my ride... but, with springs, that's delving into yet another category of car mods that I've yet to study up on yet. I do know that they tend to run around $400 - $500 for a set... any recommendation on brands, styles, etc.?

Just to clarify, if I did lower my car, I wouldn't "slam" it - just bring it down an inch or so... maybe more, maybe less. I'm not into the whole "scraping your bumpers on speed bumps" thing. :D

· Registered
112 Posts
Finally a good deal on some light rims.. I'm getting rid of my 17s for 15s.. I bought 17s because most people say they are the "ideal" rims for a civic, but in my opinion they aren't.. I wish I would of just waited and bought 15s instead.. Which is what i'm doing now.. This groupbuy deal will have another customer on Saturday when I get paid.. =]

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
civicDX said:
Finally a good deal on some light rims.. I'm getting rid of my 17s for 15s.. I bought 17s because most people say they are the "ideal" rims for a civic, but in my opinion they aren't.. I wish I would of just waited and bought 15s instead.. Which is what i'm doing now.. This groupbuy deal will have another customer on Saturday when I get paid.. =]
Tell me about it, that group buy is filling up QUICK. It ends on 4/4/02, thats enough time for me to get paid two more times... Should leave me with enough money to buy them if I decide on getting them :D

· Registered
170 Posts
Ya that civic in the pic is lowered....I forget his exact setup. The wheels on his are rota circuit-8's if im not mistaken. Did you think about getting those konigs in that gunmetal color instead?? I think they would look sweet on a silver car....but thats my opinion the silver ones would look badass too.

You can buy a good set of springs for about 200 bills. You wont need a camber kit since you said you wanted a moderate drop. And groupbuycenter has a good deal on kyb agx's I beleive. I got mine for $340 shipped. I bought my springs off of a friend for 100 bux.

· Registered
3,020 Posts
AztecEJ said:
Get them! those rims are sweet. I have 17's on my civic but I think 15's look awesome as well. Here's a pic of someone's 5th gen 4door from another board on 15's
I love the C-8's. I talked to the guy that has a 4-door just like this but with HX rims and it looked bad ass. Check it out: http://www.gg-squad.com Damn I cant remember the name of the board those guys are from:confused:

· Registered
170 Posts
I know what car your are talking about I'm pretty sure. I think they guy with the car I posted knows the guy you are talking about lol. I think I've seen some pics from a meet where both of their cars were there.
www.weaksauce.org More pics of both of those cars are on this site. And I know the board they are on.....since SHO doesnt allow other boards to be posted. H - A dot net They guy with the rotas user name is asaindoood.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.