Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opinions, all go and no show?

ive decided to drop the looks effect, my car is in excelent condition i think im not gonna get rims and racing tires, im just gonan put all my money into my h22A and keep it a sleeper, what do u guys think, and maybe later on go for looks, i just want the speed first, to take out all the ricers in my town like the civic dx that painted his sideskirts with white wall-paint that is chipping and he has a big ass wing for that 102hp :clap

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
thats a good idea but sometimesd looks help performance cf hood and trunk shaves a lot of weight, and a nice set of light weight wheels

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
rims, tires, and a lower profile are always a good idea. Have to get that power to stick to the road. And corners are just too fun to stay stock

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the closer the body is to the ground, the less drag......just don't bottom out w/ the header or anyhthing like that....solution: a small lip kit ;)

some things that look good can go for performance....take for instance some 16" rims. there are a LOT of them out there that are much lighter than the stock alloys or steelies. they're also well vented to help aid cooling of the brakes as you're coming around some corners....but the weight savings is the most critical.

if you want to go fast, upgrade the driver first, then suspension, then get the go fast goodies.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
if your all go an no show, your on the right web board. thast what i am doing w/ the accord. its bone stock body wise besides the "distortion racing" stickers i have on my two back windows and my "honda performance motor sports" banner on the top back windshelid. ( i know flame away) but stock tail lights, corner lenses etc. but aftermarket bulbs

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
af92boy1988 said:
ive decided to drop the looks effect, my car is in excelent condition i think im not gonna get rims and racing tires, im just gonan put all my money into my h22A and keep it a sleeper, what do u guys think, and maybe later on go for looks, i just want the speed first, to take out all the ricers in my town like the civic dx that painted his sideskirts with white wall-paint that is chipping and he has a big ass wing for that 102hp :clap
you'll definately get alot more respect all go, no show. or even if you want some show, make sure you have the power to back it up. i dont have any exterior mods on my car, except my clear corners. my rule is, look slower than you are, or people might consider you rice. i think your idea is pretty good. i would keep that thing's exterior stock and just surprise people

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya thats what im planning on doing, lowering it a bit, keeping stock rims but putting some good sticky tires on them to handle the power and keeping the rest of the body stock, me...personally, i like the stock lips on my EX but thats me so i dont want new ones or anything.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
hobie237 said:
yeah, you want to surprise people with how fast your car is, not how its all bark and no bite...
yeah, what hobie said all the way.
damn hobie, you just joined last month and you already have like 600 posts!
i remember you when you were just a wee little lad with only 90 posts. you were my favorite noob :rolleyes what happened? oh, they grow up so fast... :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
exactly, thats how everyone in my town is, loud ass exhausts, this one guy has a purple civic DX as i mentioned earlier, he peeled off the DX sticker, and in the parking lot i scoped it out closer and saw the faded DX mark, anywho, he has a big ass aluminum wing and a crazy ass muffler that sounds like hes flooring it no matter where he goes and his lips are painted with white house paint that are chipping, its how it is around here, and im the only 'sane one in my town with a honda thats not all show
i wanna surprise those kiddies who rev on my around town this summer and leave them thinking, WTF :wow

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
af92boy1988 said:
crazy ass muffler that sounds like hes flooring it no matter where he goes
he is flooring it everywhere he goes. thats the only way to get the DX moving. lol jk.

Reactions: hobie237

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
druuuu said:
yeah, what hobie said all the way.
damn hobie, you just joined last month and you already have like 600 posts!
i remember you when you were just a wee little lad with only 90 posts. you were my favorite noob :rolleyes what happened? oh, they grow up so fast... :(

LOL man... thanks... what can i say? i'm a college student without a car on campus at the moment... and therefore lots of free time... so ya know... superhonda it is... learn a little, give some opinions... whatever...

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
since accord come with 15" steelies if thats wat i am reading from your post..
go find some 16" steelies [it'd run you around 50~80 for all 4 of them] and get better tires on.
hmmm...nothing wrong with walmart, it's just brand they carry, there is good paints, but it's just too cheap.
i don't use any spray paint under $3 for my car.
oh no, what have I done, i turned into a ricer :ahh :hehe

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
by getting some lightweight rims, you can save 5lbs unsprung weight per rim. that will significantly affect the way the car handles...and it will be for the better :tu the hardest thing to do to the car is to loose weight, and lightness is one of the most important things to having a nimble car.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yah, the accord is really heavy....which is why i dumped it and driving the mr-s now :) which is why every little weight saving trick is valuable on the accord!

Reactions: mad-ass
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.