Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Haven't posted here in a while, but I would really like your opinions on something.

Ok, here goes. I had a 93 SR-V ( Si-vtec ) that I totalled a few weeks back. I got my insurance settlement and am able to salvage the following:

- AEM CAI
- AEM power pulleys
- GReddy header
- high flow cat
- GReddy Evo cat back
- Nuespeed front strut tower brace
- DC Sports rear lower tie bar
- H and R race springs
- 3 KYB AGX shocks

Zex dry kit and Apex'i V-AFC not yet installed.

My dilemma. Buy a 94 / 95 Prelude vtec and pretty much swap all these parts over, or buy a 5th gen and start from scratch except for a few parts I could reuse?

I'm leaning towards another 4th because of all the parts, but I'm thinking it may be getting up there in years. A 5th would be a much newer ( looks wise also ) platform to build on.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanx!!:tu:

·
Registered
32 Posts
i own a 5th generation and at times (30%) i wish i had a 4th gen. But, i can't complain about my 5th gen.

It is what YOU like, we can only give you opinions...besides a lot of people prefer the 4th generation, so that gives you a hint at what you may want to go with...

good luck with your purchase...and by the way...4th or 5th is still a badass prelude.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
5th gen:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
5th gen here

theres something about the 4th gen dash cluster that just doesnt sit right with me
the body style is smooth though

can you get any other parts from your car?
i need a harness connector from fuse box area
i have a 5th gen, but it might be the same

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
5th gen. i originally wanted a 4th gen. but my car in stock form is 100x better looking than any stock 4th gen. tho i wish i had a obd1.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
get another 4th gen just cuz you have all those parts... it would be a hassle to sell them all.

plus "install day" on the new one would be really fun!!! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
i would agree upon getting a 4th gen for the parts

you never know when you'll need a little something
then you walk over to your parts car and take it off

so convienient

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
or better yet buy my car with all the cosmetics and bad ass suspension and swap over your power parts....:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts