Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Walmart has some octane booster. There is two different types that Nos makes. There is street and race octane booster. I have never believed in additives but it says it can put your octane rating up by 7 points. Would it be safe run any of this stuff or would I just be chucking my money out the window?
Later

· Registered
2,120 Posts
i dunno but how come on turbo cars....when import tuner added octane booster the car gained some horsepower?

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Well, how much is some power? What octane booster did they use? Did they increase the boost to take advantage of the *slighty* higher octane?

Octane boosters work for the most part, just not usually enough to make them worth while.

· Registered
4,608 Posts
ok im pretty much going against what everyone said. im just getting all my sources from import tuner. i know they did a test on this with nos octane boosters. espeically for turbocharged cars it yielded almost $1=1hp gain. if you ask me, thats some awesome dollar to hp gain. i forgot the yield for NA cars but it was pretty good too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.