Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think Microsoft has a lot of fucking nerve releasing a repackaged product that had a 40% failure rate. They all do it though. Sony did it with the slim PS2, so I guess there is a market for it. Personally, I cant see how anyone could fall for buying it.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my 360 broke after almost 3 years of having it. and im not paying $99 to get it fixed if i can get a brand new one and come with a fresh warranty unlike a few month guarantee replacement thing. i also would have to pay for shipping and shit, thats why im in the market of buying a new one.

i was thinking of the ps3 but i just like the exclusive titles on the xbox.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Dont think it's just 250gb your paying for think you get a headset+all the HD cables as well.
But look for game bundles i saw a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 bundle for $10 more when i was looking.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
wait before you buy it. it's the new generation so it will have problems and headaches. patience my son.

my 360 just died and it's under warranty so i'm gonna get it fixed and sell it for 100 bucks the slim down the road :p

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've been patient, it just didn't break yesterday, its been a few months so i been waiting for the right time to buy. so far so good from what i hear on the new system, thats why im getting one on wednesday.

i could be clever and buy a ps3, get my 360 fixed a bit later and have both next gen systems. i don't know, im not feeling sony, i just like GOW and GT5 that are exclusives... and im not buying a system for two kind of games that i like. thank god for multi-console games.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i've been patient, it just didn't break yesterday, its been a few months so i been waiting for the right time to buy. so far so good from what i hear on the new system, thats why im getting one on wednesday.

i could be clever and buy a ps3, get my 360 fixed a bit later and have both next gen systems. i don't know, im not feeling sony, i just like GOW and GT5 that are exclusives... and im not buying a system for two kind of games that i like. thank god for multi-console games.
i've had a 60gb ps3 for over 3 years now. got it used never had an issue. 360 was bought brand new, with the new chipset and all, was rarely used and did RROD :-( luckily it's under warranty so i'll send it out. get it fixed. and sell it to a family member for a 100 bucks with the 20gig hard drive. that should knock off a third of the price for the new xb0x with 250 gig HDD

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ON the new one they cleverly fixed the red ring issue by getting rid of the ring, now it's the flashing red dot issue. I think this is a step forward in the right direction. I went through 4 360's, 2 of them broke the day I bought them home. That's just bad. My launch PS3 is still alive and working, you can tilt it, pour crap on it whatever, it doesn't care. Even my slim ps2 still works just fine, and my original XBox, but could never get a 360 to just work for long enough to enjoy so I got rid of it altogether till they fix it.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im starting to feel compelled to buy a ps3 and fix my xbox... hmmm

i have the big boxy ps2 with the network adapter you gotta screw on and the 40gig hdd in it aswell. still this day it works fine, i was just playing some socom on it lol. i also have a Wii that i don't really play but for my mom "she's a mario freak lol" and i like the idea of blu-ray... hmmm... what to do, im not rushing it, i just miss playing street fighter 4 online lol.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
New Xbox does not have the RROD problem it has a a safety trip in it that cuts it off before damage is done, but still hiding the problem to me though, they'd be better just fixing the cooling issue.
It's like having a car that boils over after a hard 2hours of use its just daft!

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
New Xbox does not have the RROD problem it has a a safety trip in it that cuts it off before damage is done, but still hiding the problem to me though, they'd be better just fixing the cooling issue.
It's like having a car that boils over after a hard 2hours of use its just daft!
knowing MS they'll find a way for that system to fail. i bet the cooling system has it's own RROD...so now you get a RROD for the system meant to prevent the RLOD....haha i bet that's the plan now. your xbox now fails at failing

you mean like an rx7?

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it does make me think. they remove the RROD lights so when something happens, it doesn't seem so bad because the big blinking red lights are no longer present.

I hope i don't get a fucked up fucking xbox for the 3rd time in a row. yup, this is my second xbox to fuck up. but consumer wise, i can't help but get another one and try the new model. its a multi-billion dollar industry (microsoft) so i hope they got the kinks out or atleast make it last longer lol.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
wait before you buy it. it's the new generation so it will have problems and headaches. patience my son.

my 360 just died and it's under warranty so i'm gonna get it fixed and sell it for 100 bucks the slim down the road :p
i've had my 360 for 18 months + or - a couple of months maybe 2 yrs hell i don't know and we got another 360 but right before they started talking about the release of the new slimmer model, also have the ps3 and me and my kids are on the 360 almost 98% of our gaming time, mainly the kids and i love the games and are just really used to the 360. my oldest boy is the only one who plays the ps3. i had a ps1 and loved it so i know the controls. i guess it just boils down to the games we have for each system. the 360 games we have are just more fun, everyone in the family ignores the ps3 and only buys kids games for the x box system, don't know why, just the way it works. MWF2 GoW2 and the kids love the Halo games(shit, so do i) and i'm still fucking around with forza when i get the chance.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
buying and xbox is like having unprotected sex with the slutty chick at the bar. It always seems like a good idea at the time

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
No more RROD. Now it's the red dot of death.

IMHO get the larger capacity version. Install the games you play more often directly to the HD and play them from there and not the disc. Save some wear and tear on the DVD drive, keep your 360 cooler, and as a result hopefully prolong the life of your console.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
No more RROD. Now it's the red dot of death.

IMHO get the larger capacity version. Install the games you play more often directly to the HD and play them from there and not the disc. Save some wear and tear on the DVD drive, keep your 360 cooler, and as a result hopefully prolong the life of your console.
you should develop and patent an exclusive 360 liquid cooling system. if the customers don't bite on it. maybe MS will :lmao or find a way to run cables in and out of a refrigerator so you can keep you x-box there

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i just noticed my 360 is located within inches of one of my living room a/c vents and my wife has put things on the opposite side of the vent forcing air towards the dvd, ps3, directv box, and both 360's keeping everything in that corner cool, maybe that's why mine has lasted so long plus i don't do any online fun shit because no internet, we just system link which is fun enough for me and the boys

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WELLLLLLLL

guess the hell what?

i fixed my xbox lol. my cousin informed me a trick to have the 360 reset itself...

played street fighter 4 almost all day online, missed that fucking game.

it took over an hour to reset but i just saved 300 bucks with being patient like darkness said haha.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
WELLLLLLLL

guess the hell what?

i fixed my xbox lol. my cousin informed me a trick to have the 360 reset itself...

played street fighter 4 almost all day online, missed that fucking game.

it took over an hour to reset but i just saved 300 bucks with being patient like darkness said haha.
IF you did the penny, towel, or heat gun trick, it will only be "fixed" for about 3 days. After which it will just go right back to remembering it had an error.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts