Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i ordered a act ha3-hdss kit for 309$ from preludeparts.com... I got a few Q's...
can this clutch hold n2o? how much?
Is it much easier to chirp 3rd?
how much stiffer is the pedal? thanks A LOT

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Wow, 309? Not bad. Your clutch is good to go. Did you get a Jun lightweight flywheel too? Clutch engagement shouldn't be too much stiffer then stock, although it will be a noticeable amount. You will be able to hold about a 100 shot of nitrous. You will probably be able to chirp 4th...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
your car is gonna pull so much harder with that...and as ludeboy said you should put a lightened flywheel in with that. ive heard of qtr times dropping .4 sec with clutch and flywheel

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
people on this board have told me that it a fly hurts the 1/4 mile performance?????? please let me know..the last thing i wanna do is pay for install twice

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
there was an old post (i think it was by 4bidden) about how a jun 12 lb flywheel makes the car act like its 250 lbs lighter or something like that. a lightened flywheel will definitely improve qtr mile times.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Weenie said:
there was an old post (i think it was by 4bidden) about how a jun 12 lb flywheel makes the car act like its 250 lbs lighter or something like that. a lightened flywheel will definitely improve qtr mile times.
dam...not even i remembered that post until you said something about it. and yea...i got the formula out of a SCC and used the weight of the ultra lightweight JUN flywheel that i have (10.24lbs or 11.24lbs, i forget which), and worked the formula out and it came to right around 250lbs in first gear. it feels the lightest in 1st gear due to the gear ratio. it wont feel that light in the higher gears but i think it was still around 50-150lbs in the other gears....wish i could find that old issue :confused:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
TrboH22 said:
Lightened flywheel will lose low end torque, but gain high end acceleration and speed.
actually...you dont lose low end torque with a lightened flywheel. but it makes the car a little bit harder to drive, since you have to shift faster to get the engine to stay moving at its same speed. the rpms drop quick if you shift too slow.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
well...for me it was when i couldnt spin 2nd gear anymore when i shifted. that proved to me that it was toast cause i used to be able to hit 2nd gear and break em loose for at least 15 feet or until i let off the gas. with my h22 swap, new clutch/flywheel combo i should be able to do that into 3rd no doubt.

·
Registered
547 Posts
hows the install on a 5gen clutch??? i was talkin to some guy today... and he said its a bitch and a half:( :( :( am i gonna havta pay someone madd $$$ to instal one?

·
Registered
814 Posts
4bidden said:
so nobody have anything to say about exedy clutches?
why didnt you go with the their metallic racing clutch? its sprung, so exept for some mild chatter, it should be streetable...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts