Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 accord and wanted to replace the 15" stock wheel to honda 17" alloy wheel

however I never bought wheels so I am a little concerned ....
since the stock wheel is 195 and this new wheels are 215 and probrably heavier would there be a problem in the suspension, chassi, brakes or something similar?
I wouldn't think so since the v6 and 4cyl have same chassi right ?

would there be a difference in camber? I would think not since they are honda wheels ..
will warranty be voided if I install bigger wheels ?
would it affect stability ?

what kind of all season tires should I be looking for ??
and when I get the wheels is it plug and play or do I need an accessories?
Is there something I should be aware when getting new wheels ??

Also does anyone know a good site where I could get original honda wheels >>???, I was thinking going to honda dealer but probrably going to be to expensive !!!

thanks yall and have a good weekend

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
195 and 215 are the tire size, not wheel. As long as you get the same tire size that's on the stock Accord with those wheels (Hybrids come with 215s, and I think the V6 6-speeds too) you should be fine. They will be heavier but people do that all the time, it's fine, and since they are OEM they should fit no problem.

Camber is not affected by wheels.

Won't void the warranty.

Not sure what you mean by "affect" stability. You'll have more traction, but they will also follow truck ruts and grooves a little more. Not something I would worry about unless you're a senior citizen.

For tires, I'd look at the reviews on TireRack.com or this site. Toyo Proxes 4's have a decent compromise of just about everything.

Check eBay or Honda - Tech Classifieds.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just bought a set of Fuzions, they are made by Bridgestone and are a very nice tire. Check out the review for them on tirerack.com as well..

·
Registered
2 Posts
would there be a difference in camber? I would think not since they are honda wheels ..
will warranty be voided if I install bigger wheels ?
would it affect stability?
There wouldn't be other parts affected wheel you change the honda wheels with a bigger honda wheels. I think the only problem there would be the warranty because they will know if you had changed the wheel or not. Lastly, in terms of stability, the bigger wheel surely is more stable than a smaller one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts