Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you may have read about my place racing tranny mount being broken. it was fixed, but was ONLY the beginning...

day 1: place racing tranny mount SNAPS.

ok, i get a replacement, install it...FINE. problem solved? FUCK NO.

day 2: rear mount bolt SNAPS.

everytime i shift, i hear CLUNK...not a good thing. it was really hard to get to (and have opted to get rid of place racing mounts all together), so i'm going to wait until the b20-t is done.

day 3: work was great until...BAM!

someone fucking hit me. and it had to have been a coworker of mine because of where i park.

ps: that was a backup bumper. i needed it fast so it was painted over the stock paint...please don't flame (as it will be painted RIGHT like og bumper).

ANYWHO, i just needed to vent...

sadly,
robert

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
hcp also has some good mounts

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
he has decided to get an HCP kit.....and i am sorry to hear that phan, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Damn that really sucks, you can't have anything nice.... Any idea what its going to cost to fix your body?

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
ctj121683 said:
Damn that really sucks, you can't have anything nice.... Any idea what its going to cost to fix your body?

he can and will.....phan is the man and will figure something out

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
temp said:
he has decided to get an HCP kit.....and i am sorry to hear that phan, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise?
i guess? i don't know, but whatever. i'm going to try and see how much i can pound out myself (which is probably nothing), and then go hit up my friend who painted my car.

and yea, it looks like i'm going hcp since temp (and myself) haven't heard of them breaking, and it's a 4 mount kit. in turn, i can sell my place racing x-member and 4th mount, and pretty much make up the difference...

i'm just pissed about shelling out the extra cash for more paint (it was $211 a gallon from honda!) and the repair of the dent...

:mad:

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
phan said:
i guess? i don't know, but whatever. i'm going to try and see how much i can pound out myself (which is probably nothing), and then go hit up my friend who painted my car.

and yea, it looks like i'm going hcp since temp (and myself) haven't heard of them breaking, and it's a 4 mount kit. in turn, i can sell my place racing x-member and 4th mount, and pretty much make up the difference...

i'm just pissed about shelling out the extra cash for more paint (it was $211 a gallon from honda!) and the repair of the dent...

:mad:

$211 a gallon at retail price?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
temp said:
$211 a gallon at retail price?
yea, something like that...

sebring silver metallic (i think nh-77 or something)...2002 s2000 silver...the light one.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
phan said:
yea, something like that...

sebring silver metallic (i think nh-77 or something)...2002 s2000 silver...the light one.
you dont get anything like that at wholesale price? don't know anyone that works there?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
temp said:
you dont get anything like that at wholesale price? don't know anyone that works there?
oddly enough, i don't know anyone that works at honda...i should have just asked my friend (painter) to buy it. i'm sure he has some kind of pull...

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
phan said:
oddly enough, i don't know anyone that works at honda...i should have just asked my friend (painter) to buy it. i'm sure he has some kind of pull...

LOL he most likely does

1 - 20 of 24 Posts