Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dstar: I just look @ the April issue of Cosumer Reports and noticed that Toyota sells 17 different models of cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks! Honda only has 6 different models of cars, SUVs, and vans (including the Insight)! Next year Honda will have the new V6 SUV so it is goin' to be 7...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yep toyotas line up is really big, they have a truck section (4 trucks?) and a sports car section (2) and a mid size class (?) and like a compact size class (?) suv class
honda doesn't even have a sports car class (anymore) nor a truck class.. and only one suv. Just means honda makes good overall cars for its customers while toyota offers something different for all and very specific classes, like the corola for example its already really cheap car but they want one thats even cheaper (echo)..
they target customers very specifically.. and i think that is why they are so much richer than honda.. how many civics do you see compared to corrolas?? same class.. and they have the echo on top of that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I know! Toyota came out with the Highlander and Sequoia at the same time, so there were so many SUV's to keep track of! They do have a really big line-up of cars. It's okay though, because Honda has only 6 cars, yet is probably just as successful, if not more.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tofu_V6o4 said:
honda doesn't even have a sports car class (anymore) nor a truck class.. and only one suv.
Actually, 2 SUV's... the CRV and the Passport... but the Passport does so poorly in sales, I don't know why they don't just discontinue that car.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Bah, their whole lineup still puts me to sleep..maybe if they ever came out with a successor to

1) AE86 GT-S
2) MR2 Turbo
3) JZA80 Supra

Then i'd actually be interested. After Honda, Toyota is my favorite brand.

·
Registered
563 Posts
toyota is the only japanese company that can take on the big 3, head to head in the suv and truck arena.....they wanna take over a big chunk of their market share....

i dunno if its gonna work tho, suv'ers and pickup owners are die hard finatics of their trucks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tofu_V6o4 said:
Haha.. whats the passport?? is that the new suv?? maybe we don't have that in canada?
You don't have it in Canada? Hehe, even if you did, you might not know what it is. I barely even knew what it was until I bought my Accord and saw the Passport in the showroom. They were offering some crazy good financing on the Passport. They said that sales on it has been soooo poor, that they really need to offer incentives to sell the Passport. :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Honda Passport is the rebadged Isuzu Rodeo! Its quality is not quite Honda's quality so the sale suz! That's why after the contract is over, Honda is releasing the brand new Honda Pilot, which based on the Acura MDX (3.5L with 240hp using 87 octane gas)! The price range on that baby is from $25K to $35K (loaded)!

·
Registered
225 Posts
didn't toyota surpassed dodge in sales last year??? and now sits at #3 behind the big Ford and GM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts