Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 94 GSR and i was wondering what is needed to perform the same or better than a Type-R for auto-X. Like what type of suspension mods. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Accord_F22 said:
In autocrossing, it's all driver. You can beat Type R's if u just drive well. I know I sure did.
yep...and if you need some help...upgrade your front/rear sways, get a nice set of lower springs with a matched shock..or you can get a matched combo ie from Tein,Zeals,Buddyclub,HKS,Apex-i,JIC, etc....then if you wanna reinforce the chassis even more then add some front/rear struts...some nice companies to look into for struts and other chassis stiffners look at Benen, Carbing, Cusco, Spoon, Mugen...and theres a lot more that i've forgot to mention

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I suggest getting some coilovers which have matched spring and shock combo.

then decide on what driving style you have and go from there on how to mod the car. sometimes people want more oversteer and what not. and requires different dampening settings and what not.

and it also depends on what autoX rules are.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
lOOkatme said:

and it also depends on what autoX rules are.
:tu2: A lot of the local clubs I've seen don't always follow the SCCA rules book word for word. Especially if it's a same make type club, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts