Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the temp gauge is going up when the car i left running
i pulled out the fan to see if it was malfuntioned but it works i dont know were the problem could be coming from can some one please help me again

·
Registered
201 Posts
what is the gauge reading? and by overheating do you mean it's actually overheating and the gauge is all the way on hot? What does overheating mean in this case? What is your setup? is it stock or something else? There is more to a cooling system than just the fan so, what kind of conditions are you driving the car in and have you considered checking the thermostat on the engine? When's the last time the coolant was changed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i chaged the thermostat when i did the swop th e colant has been changed recently also and i pulled the fan out to see if it was woking and there was nothing wrong with it may be ill just change the relays ands and go on from there

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I just let it sit, with the radiator cap off, and run. I start off cold then let it warm up open. Then I just let it run for a while until all the air bubbles stop rising. This method has worked well for me over the years. DO NOT take the cap off while the car is hot, unless you like going to hospital for burns!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.