Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car overheated on the way to work this morning, fortunately i was only across the street from work when it happened. so on the way home it did it again, and i stopped to let it cool. also, my heater lights do not light up/heater does not work. i think maybe the fan just isnt turning on. i checked the fuses and found a blown one. i dont have a fuse map so i just started pullin em out. anyways, i replaced it, turned ignition to run, heater works for split second and turns off. i do this three times, and get three more blown fuses. the guy at autozone said the wiring to the fan might be grounding out somewhere aND causing a short..

any ideas/clues? thanks for readin. :eek:

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kommon_sense said:
car overheated and heater doesn't work... Check the thermostat.
replaced it last night. and the gasket, and siliconed it up. i let it sit for about 17 hours and then i test drove. heater works, lights lit, engine does not overheat. i'd rep you but it says i need to spread first. :) :hug

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
kommon_sense said:
car overheated and heater doesn't work... Check the thermostat.

Classic symptoms.

Good to hear it was the thermostat. The other thing I was thinking was that the heater core was plugged up. I've never had the displeasure of replacing a Honda heater core, but the ones I have replaced have been a bitch and a half.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
ATISTANG said:
I just don't understand the part where you said you kept blowing fuses. Did you just not worry about this problem once you fixed the thermostat?

There is a short in the system somewhere. If he said which fuses blew it would be easier to diagnose, but I think hes just gonna have to go crawling around with a multimeter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts