Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 96 hatch with a d14 engine.I have gone through 2 machanics so far,and still no break through.They have change the radiator, the head, and the termostat to no avail.
The car only overheats when going up hill or driven for a long time.
O I allmost forgot,i bridge the fan at the relay so that it runs direct.

·
Registered
259 Posts
it could be the ECU water temp sensor. I used to have a taurus SHO and i had overheating problems. and this is what it turned out to be. the sensor tells the ecu when to turn on the fan and some other things. so this might be it.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
they should of changed the water pump when they took out the head.

·
Registered
693 Posts
there could be a air bubble in the coolant system if they changed the radiator and thermostat, i have had a couple experiences with that before.
have the mech. who installed the radiator and thermostat check the coolant system

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, Id check the water pump... Ive seen it before (altho not on a honda) where the water pump was so corroded on the inside blades that altho it didnt leak, it couldnt cirulate the water enough. So when its under heavy load like a hill or extended running it overheats.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
try checking your fuses to see if the cooling system is not burnt (they do have a fuse for cooling right I swear I saw one last night) and if not check to see if your radiator has no problems with its flow of coolant

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
krysden said:
Hi I have a 96 hatch with a d14 engine.I have gone through 2 machanics so far,and still no break through.They have change the radiator, the head, and the termostat to no avail.
The car only overheats when going up hill or driven for a long time.
O I allmost forgot,i bridge the fan at the relay so that it runs direct.

has the water pump been changed when they did the head? most likely...but since they have changed all kinds of parts? see if they have done this. did they hook up the scan tool to see the coolant temp voltage and degrees? maybe u have a gauge thats off. have they actually pressure tested it for a leak or a small leak somewhere. also check ur coolant level and system bleeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.