Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda Civic Del Sol Si, and it overheated the other day. I just moved into a hot town, and the other day, I started it up, drove about 15 blocks and it overheated. The fan works, and at Idel, the car stays at the right temp. The problem only occurs when I let out the clutch and drive. It overheats very quickly. The car cools off when I push in the clutch and let it idel. I am not sure what is wrong. It happened out of nowhere.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your thermostat is most likely stuck closed i believe it would be. dont quote me on that. it could be a faulty water pump but if that was the case, you wouldnt have been able to go 15 blocks. Pull the thermostat out and go from there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought is was the thermostat, but I didn't want to have a post of people saying "Yeah, I think your right." Anyway, I replaced the thermostat, radiatior cap, and flushed the coolent system with some stuff from Autozone, and the car runs great. SWEEEEEEEEET! :number1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.