Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was on the way to the store this morning and i pull up to a light and as im waiting for it to turn green a black sti pulls up next to me and the guy looks at me and smiles so i open the bottle and arm the nitrious the light turns green and i take it slow off the line as does the sti he got about 1 car in front and i could see exaust so i figured it would bee a challange.i pulled up next to him again and threw a rev and he bit we took it down to about 15-20mph i motioned for him to go and he took off and i followed i spund bad threw 1st said didnt spin as bad and was able to stop his 1 car lead 3rd gaind that car back from him and put 1/2 a car on him 4th put andther 1-1 1/2 cars on him and shut it down around 95 or so he pulled up and asked it i was turbo and at first i said all motor but then i smiled and purged at him and told him bottle i asked him to pull over so i could look at his car as it was a very good looking car we pulled over and i saw a cold air intake,bov and an intercooler and he said that he had intake downpipe 3.5inch exhaust bov from aps i told him i never heard of that company he said they made really good products and told me i was the fastest honda he ever raced he shook hands complemented each others cars and then i continued to the store

Reactions: tienlude

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good story, you must have a very quick integra.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you and the car isnt that fast ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Haha maybe not to you because you are used to it, but if you outrun an STi I consider it fast. Especially to do that with an LS, I think thats awesome. Keep up the good work bro.

Oh, and you have a GSR tranny? How do you like that tranny mated with the LS motor? Thats a pretty unique setup.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floyd550 said:
Haha maybe not to you because you are used to it, but if you outrun an STi I consider it fast. Especially to do that with an LS, I think thats awesome. Keep up the good work bro.

Oh, and you have a GSR tranny? How do you like that tranny mated with the LS motor? Thats a pretty unique setup.

the tranny is good till you get to highway speeds then it sucks ass hard its more of a street/race tranny then a highway tranny the 1,2,3,4 gears are good but the 5th is to short needs to be longer just to give you an idea the ls tranny in 5th at about 85 was at 3500-4000 and the gsr is at 4500 but other than that i like it its helped beat many a gsr all motor :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eg6hatch315 said:
Do you have a different time then 14.2 cause I thought that STi's were quicker than that stock. How much are you sprayin?
when i ran the [email protected] it was with a 55 shot on street tires and i didnt use nitrious till 3rd gear because the car has a reaction problem the sti was with 75 shot and i spun in 1st,2nd,and a little in third and it wasnt spinning because i was shifting fast i was spinning at the top of my rpm range 6000-7000 in 3rd

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
bottlefedintegr said:
when i ran the [email protected] it was with a 55 shot on street tires and i didnt use nitrious till 3rd gear because the car has a reaction problem the sti was with 75 shot and i spun in 1st,2nd,and a little in third and it wasnt spinning because i was shifting fast i was spinning at the top of my rpm range 6000-7000 in 3rd
dope ness, i like stories like that, when BOTH mofukas have a mutual respect for each other - u gain an "allie" on the street. dope story every thing bout it, start to finish. props
:tu

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tienlude said:
dope ness, i like stories like that, when BOTH mofukas have a mutual respect for each other - u gain an "allie" on the street. dope story every thing bout it, start to finish. props
:tu

thanks man

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Anyone who doubts this, look at his trap speed on a smaller shot w/o cams. It's the same as a stock STi.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
not bad ,but in all Honesty STI's arent fast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mid 13s stock is not that fast but lightly modded prob a high 12 and he got the jump on me and i was still able to pull so fast or not i still won

Reactions: eg6hatch315

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
APS (air power systems)

yes they make awesome products... i have an APS turboback exhaust myself

BOV, Intake, Intercooler acutally hurts performance. unless it is supported by other mods.. especially a tuned aftermarket EM.

also an aftermarket intercooler is useless unless running a bigger turbo..

anyways.. good kill

TBE, UTEC.. STi traps about 108mph

·
Registered
343 Posts
FAST is different with each person 14.22 at 103 I consider to be quick, but for someone that drives a porsche or vette all day long thats nothin, my friend with a stock 94 GMC sonoma says hes real fast!!!!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
nice kill
if you ever meet up with him again ask him to go from a dig, just to see
what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on the nice kill! It's always nice to race someone and after the results be cool as opposed to the idiots that get all pissed off and start getting reckless to regain their dignity.

·
Registered
964 Posts
very nice kill

and from a dig they arent much either. they just jump real hard real fast but then you real them in and go by them

1 - 20 of 47 Posts