-From a stop
-Me: near perfect launch/slipped the clutch
-Him: decent launch/spun a little
-got him at the top of 3rd (95-100mph) by 6 or so car lengths

2nd run:
-From a 40mph roll
-Me: bottom of 2nd, didn't drop the clutch
-Him: 2nd, dropped clutch really hard
-he tapped horn 3times.. 3rd honk, I went..
-got him going into 4th when he flashed his lights at me (100-ish, at least 100 feet or more..)

3rd run: (fucker purged b4 the light changed.. :confused)
-From a stop
-Me: bad launch, wierd stop light.. (excuses, excuses.. :lmao)
-Him: better launch than b4, held me off until I got into 2nd
-passed him as I pulled out 1st gear (40mph or so)
-by the time I got to 120-130 or so, had him by at least a football field.. he simply couldn't get past 110 he told me.. *shrugs*

all in all.. we ended up stopping off at a chik-fil-a a few miles later, and he popped the hood.. 50shot, I.H.E., he "CLAIMS" internals.. :rolleyes and he tells me he didn't spray until the last run... which he sprayed at the bottom of 2nd, until he ran out getting into 4th... :confused :lmao

I consider it a good few runs.. not bad though... considering the **** sprayed.. :g I dunno though.. I just don't know how I could have pulled like I did though, when he "SAID" he was spraying.. :confused

The guy didn't seem shady or misconstruding at all.... so I'm assuming he was telling me the truth..

well yea.. good times, good times... I'd say it woulda been good video material, especially seeing this guy purge.. I think thats what skurred me :fear (honestly, the fucker came outta nowhere, and I was going, "did he just purge ??? or what was that?")

peace.

**note** all drivers involved in the 'racing' scene, were not real, they were computer generated, and the actual speeds reached did not exceed 25mph..
If you're going to be stupid and attempt cool Fast and Furious shizzle like mah nizzle just did.. at least wear a retard helmet.. :lol

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
And your 3 hasn't been modified since we last talked, eh? That's pretty awesome. I needa go drive one damn it!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope.. nothing.. 87 pump gas and all :D

OH wait.. do floormats count? :lol
^yea, I'd say so.. about 7hp, and 4ft-lbs.. :hehe :ninja

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
ive been considering buying one of the new mazda 3 hatchbacks..
but i have my fingers cross for a "mazdaspeed" version before this year is over
that would be sweet... i would pounce on that deal

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
DXE said:
ive been considering buying one of the new mazda 3 hatchbacks..
but i have my fingers cross for a "mazdaspeed" version before this year is over
that would be sweet... i would pounce on that deal
I agree. those are some sweet looking cars and a factory tuned version would be great, but the regular ones just arent that fast. My stock lude easily pulled a couple of car lengths on a new platinum mazda 3 hatch at a light. Apparently its faster than an old teggy with a 50 shot though... I would have thought the teg would win.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
bottlefedintegr said:
list your mod list
He's running a bone stock 3s 5 door, Only thing he's done to it was add floor mats, but I think he's saving his mod money for when he gets his STi this summer. He already ordered it. Gonna be bad ass.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mod list...
-floormats
-87 pump gas.. thats all :lmao

and yea, Mazda WILL be coming out with a Mazdaspeed 3s 5dr later this year.. no word on it yet, but google it, and you'll find some matches.. :eek:

The Mazdaspeed6 uses the Mazda 3s engine, AWD drivetrain, supercharger/turbo (whatever it is, really I don't know.. lmao), and a 6spd tranny...

So, I DO have plans to drop in the Mazdaspeed6 engine parts package, perhaps maybe the 6spd, but I'm sure its only meant for the AWD platform.. but I'll look into it though.. Either way, by the end of this year, my Mazda 3s will be boosted, and have a shitload of mods done to it.. :eek:

and yea.. I'm saving my money for:

STi, Mazda 3s stuff, STi performance parts, school, and women... :hehe

so basically, cars, bs, and women.. AS usual.. :lol2

·
Registered
287 Posts
well in that case i find it hard to beleave that the teg was spraying as i went low 14 at over 100mph with a 55shot

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, well look what you all have done to you're car.. even if he wasw spraying, a stock mazda 3s with the 2.3L and 5spd, runs high 14s/low-flat 15s...

As I also quoted "he CLAIMS he had internals" I meant that in an almost rude tone.. meaning I was trying to exaggerate the word "CLAIMS".. along with the.. :rolleyes smiley, I was trying to make an ass out of him ;) :nod

just an FYI.. ;)

but, props on you're DC2.. like I said though.. EVEN if he was spraying, and only had I.H.E. and a 50shot, I woulda still went 3/3 with him..... again, look over you're mods list (I know, I know.. minus cams/thermostat).. ;)

Keep it real, and good luck with you're DC2 :clap :bounce

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, I'm very positive.... If you want an economy car, or a non-performance-aimed car, as you're calling it, go look at a daiwoo, hyundai, kia, saturn.. whatever... this is a Mazda, and far from an "economy car", and far from a slow car.. trust me.. I owned one of the same previously.. :rolleyes (hint, hint.. Scion xB.. :lol)

So yea.. by NO means is it a Ferrari, Porsche, whatever.. but its damn quick for a 4cyl. Mazda.... and not one of the fastest cars that I've owned.. but its still better than the Scion was.. :lol :number1

Its no race car, and its no grocery-getter.... its in between ;) :hehe

sike :ninja (for now.. :evil)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
While the mazda 3 is a nicely designed compact car, it still competes in the small car/economy car segment. Its the smaller low end car in the mazda passenger car lineup. And I dont know where youre getting this high 14's low 15's from, but if you google some proffesional car reviews its more like 16's for the 1/4mi and an average of just under 8 sec 0-60... Im not hatin on it, its a well designed good looking car, but its not a performance compact car (stock). Im sure its faster than the xa xb (cause ive tested the xa and 3) but I bet the torque makes it feel faster than it really is.
http://mazda.jbcarpages.com/3/2004/index4.php
http://www.modernracer.com/mazda3s.html
http://www.autoweb.com/content/research/index.cfm/action/showArticle/aid/139306
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/port...bID__6485/ArticleID__5626/DesktopDefault.aspx
http://www.autoweb.com/content/research/index.cfm/action/showArticle/aid/139306

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea.. the reviews for the 3 from magazines such as Motor Trend, C&D, R&D, etc, etc.. they've all tested the 3 coupe, and I believe I've only found ONE review of the Mazda 3s, hatchback with the 2.3L engine, and YES, it does pull low 15s...

and I'm not just comparing the Mazda 3s to my old box.. but I was comparing its acceleration/speed/etc to my old EG6 (B16a swap, B18 head, and a few other parts), my Corolla GTS-TwinCam (4A-GZE swap ;)) and my '93 RX7 TT (bought it with a single turbo setup, and I installed some other items on it)...

So, yea.. of course its a shitload faster than the xB.. but I was actually comparing it to some of my other cars I've had b4...

Like I said b4.. its not a race car, and its no grocery-getter..

don't hate.. maybe the LS (non-VTEC btw.. ;)) just didn't know how to drive for shit..?? but I doubt that.. he knew alot about his car, and a few others.. so I'm assuming he knows how to drive also.... (seemed like it)

you're also leaving behind MY driving experience... ;) (no not wrecking the Scion.. I'm talking about Bob Bondurant, Richard Petty, and Skip Barber racing schools I've been to, racing karts my whole life, and a few other miscellaneous events... so I'm no beginner ;) )

If you all are doubting me.. and thinking I'm lying about how I won this race with the LS.. then I'm guessing I was dreaming, being that it was about a 30minute deal, and I actually was driving and was there to witness it first hand... so, if you all are doubting me about that, then keep it to yourselves.......

peace playas... next time I'll take video.. :rolleyes

or just ask the other driver for a written statement.. :lmao :noo

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
lol You put like a ;) in like every paragraph Ty, and you went to Bondurant and Barber racing schools? I'm not too familiar with the other guy, but I assume he's another racing legend. How was the ride in the Cobra and I bet you got Skip's circle strategy down. Anyways, hit me up on YIM, lata playa. :btu

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I did.. I was given the opportunity to go for both of those, but the Richard Petty was a "driving experience" :g but still fun.. lmao

and yea, They were very informative, fun, and badass.. It was also really cool though too, because I first went to Skip Barber 6months before I got to go to Bob Bondurant's school.. it was really interesting to see the differences between the two schools, and to see the different methods of teaching, etc..

I picked up everything really quicky, I already had more than the basics down before even signing up, but there was certainly a few things that was good to learn while in the different driving schools I've attended... and once coming out of Skip Barber, and going to Bondurant's school.. I thought I'd have it all down, but I actually learned more there than I did at Skip Barber believe it or not... and the Richard Petty experience was fun also... but didn't really teach me anything... (was a gift from my parents for helping them move out here..... went to it back before Thanksgiving, only a one day, 5hour thing.. nothing too big..)

but yea, they definately taught me more things that I woulda never known, and there are still many things I need to learn about auto racing.. but I still have down than more than just the basics...

Definately worth the $5500-6000 for the three.. :nod :lol2

Hey Justin, I'll be on AIM or YahooIM here in a little while ;) :ninja

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
tylorweaver said:
Yes I did.. I was given the opportunity to go for both of those, but the Richard Petty was a "driving experience" :g but still fun.. lmao

and yea, They were very informative, fun, and badass.. It was also really cool though too, because I first went to Skip Barber 6months before I got to go to Bob Bondurant's school.. it was really interesting to see the differences between the two schools, and to see the different methods of teaching, etc..

I picked up everything really quicky, I already had more than the basics down before even signing up, but there was certainly a few things that was good to learn while in the different driving schools I've attended... and once coming out of Skip Barber, and going to Bondurant's school.. I thought I'd have it all down, but I actually learned more there than I did at Skip Barber believe it or not... and the Richard Petty experience was fun also... but didn't really teach me anything... (was a gift from my parents for helping them move out here..... went to it back before Thanksgiving, only a one day, 5hour thing.. nothing too big..)

but yea, they definately taught me more things that I woulda never known, and there are still many things I need to learn about auto racing.. but I still have down than more than just the basics...

Definately worth the $5500-6000 for the three.. :nod :lol2

Hey Justin, I'll be on AIM or YahooIM here in a little while ;) :ninja

Which skip barber did you go to being in GA? If you went to all three of those schools for $6K you got a hell of a deal, especially considering the travel as well. It was $3500 for the Skip Barber 3 day racing class at Laguna(present from dad). Which classes did you take at each one? I have a friend that did the Petty experience of a lifetime at Fontana and said it was pretty worthless unless you're planning on being a nascar buff, while he found the skip barber school a BLAST, his Auto-X times showed it.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually lived in CA when I went to Skip Barber and Bob Bondurant. I was here only a couple weeks or so, when I went to the Richard Petty experience at Atlanta Motor Speedway, I did the "King package" or whatever its called... and that was about $800 or so I believe..

Skip Barber, I did also down at Laguna Seca. I drove down there on a thursday night, stayed at an uncle's, and the next day, began the "3 day racing school" course, and completed it on Sunday. I believe THAT was close to $4k once I was all finished with the pricing.. I plan on going back this summer to do the 2day advanced racing school thing.... I'll be in CA this summer for a few weeks anyways, I might as well do this while I'm there, instead of flying back out JUST for that.... AT least I could save a LITTLE money.. lmao

Bob Bondurant, Actually cost me near $5k.. so yea, I kinda forgot to add in a few digits on that guesstimate... actually I just noticed I didn't even add in BB's into the pricing, I was thinking about the petty experience and skips, so my bad.. :hehe

wow, all in all.. I'm actually looking at maybe $10k perhaps.. I never even paid attention to how much it all cost until now... :wow

Yea, because I remember, shortly after I did the Bondurant "Grand Prix Road Racing" weekend, they had come out with the "Drift Bondurant" thing or whatever.. I was so fucking pissed.. :bh

Once, I've got enough money saved up, maybe NEXT summer I can do the Bondurant Drift thing also.... :confused but, really.. I think that if I DID do that, it might be a waste of money.. because I'll never be drifting a mustang or a trans am anytime soon.. mainly a corolla, perhaps a silvia, or something else later on down the line.... they MAY teach you the fundamentals.. but it won't be the same when you jump into a car with 1500lbs LESS material on the car, and just a completely different handling car..

because when I initially did the weekend at Bondurant's in AZ, they had us do some "controlled" powerslide drills, as they called them, and I picked up on that really easily.. so perhaps maybe they just sprung off that excercise and jumped into this whole new phenomena.. :rolleyes (has been around for AGES.. lmao)

I dunno, some may say.. "waste of money" or some may say "money well spent" either way, I paid for it, and they're all done deals.. and I'm a far better driver now, that I've taken the classes... there's really no way I could say I'd be the same now if I hadn't had taken the classes or not.. so for the sake of my money spent, I'll say they helped me out alot :btu

lmao.. peace :aww

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.