Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First.... hello to everyone this is my 1st post. I just bought a 97 Civic HX and the check eng.light just came on. So I took the car to Advance Auto Parts and had them scanned the OBDII. The code that came up was P0401, now what I would like to know is how do I fix this and then how to clear the code.

I did run a search on that code but I didn’t get to much info. so I would appreciate any info.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
flow of what? i'd take it up to honda, or at least ask them what they would do for that code. most of themn would tell you what they inspect for certain codes....unless they are money grubbers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Take the EGR off the Intake manifold and clean it with brake cleaner and a toothbrush... also look in the manifold where the EGR bolts up and spray brake cleaner down in there... sometimes the EGR system gets stopped up and that code fashes... try that and then leave the battery unhooked for about 5 mins to reset the ECU and you should be good to go...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
del Slo said:
Take the EGR off the Intake manifold and clean it with brake cleaner and a toothbrush... also look in the manifold where the EGR bolts up and spray brake cleaner down in there... sometimes the EGR system gets stopped up and that code fashes... try that and then leave the battery unhooked for about 5 mins to reset the ECU and you should be good to go...

OK, but i just have one question.....What does it look like and were is the EGR located on the motor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.