Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently put a turbo kit in my car and it had come to my attention that the idle control valve needs to be rewired or taken off car and the P28 i have...is this true...if not wut can i do to make it work

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
we need to know more specifics. what year p28, what year car, what engine? blah blah blah

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
when you did the obd2 to obd1 conversion to run the p28 you have to convert the IACV to an obd1 one. i believe the f23 has 3 wire IAC and obd1 has 2.. the hard part is finding a way to mount the IACV it doesnt just screw in.

easiest route would be to pick up an f22b1 intake manfold w/ 2 wire IACV already intact and replace your existing one with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
jbird17soccer said:
can i just disable the IACV on car and ECU and adjust the idle with screw on throttle body
No. The IACV controls the air flow thoughout the power band. Everytime you get off the throttle its the IACV's job to open up enough to let the car rev down and not just stall out all together.

The 3 wires on your accord are a Black, a Black/Blue, and a Yellow/Black.
The 2 wires on the ODBI IACV are Black/Blue and Yellow/Black.

Wire those two together and leave the black (its just a ground) out of the equation.

Dont be hoopty, do it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts