Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas and gals,
I don't know much about the p28 chipped(mugen-chip programmed for dohc) ecus but I was wondering, what are the effects of this ecu if I plug it in my car? Of course it'll improved my car's performance but how about in the long run? Few people said that few knock sensors are bypassed so it's going to create some kind of problem later. One guy actually told me that I will feel the bad effects of the ecu in the next 10-20,000 miles. Help me out. Thanks.

· Registered
29 Posts
the mugen chip set is very agressive. You advanceing your timeing, increasing fuel curves and basicaly forcing the car to go faster. If you have had some internal work done(maybe higher compression postons and a valve job. Your good to go. The mugen is also great for a stock motor with 6-9psi hitting it. As a stock or basicly stock motor, i would highly recomend sticking with your stock ecu til you smack your motor with some more $.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.