1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P28 Hondata S100 Tuned!!!!

So i got the Type S tuned today! :giggle

181 HP! And i cant remember the TQ numbers to save my life :eek:

VTEC crossover is set at 4700 which is taking a bit getting used to while driving, im still used to 5200! But that was where the engine like it so thats where shes at.

Mark at BRAUNING MOTORSPORTS did another great job as usual. This is the same shop that did my swap as well. http://www.brauningmotorsports.com/

Only set back is, ATTS doesnt jive with OBD1 so i pulled the ATTS ecu and called it a day.

After putt puttin' around for a month with a dead knock sensor, this car feels fast as shit again! :w00t

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
road.head said:
what kind of dyno? Have a graph? I'd like to see the a/f as well.
i want to know what kind of dyno too.

congrats, we're tied now :hehe

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, its a DynoJet. The damned printer was jacked up at the time so i couldnt get a printout. :( After i button up the suspension, its either ITB's or a Custom header, then i will go back to see any gains and make adjustments.

And thanks brothers!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
MacTown said:
Yeah, its a DynoJet. The damned printer was jacked up at the time so i couldnt get a printout. :( After i button up the suspension, its either ITB's or a Custom header, then i will go back to see any gains and make adjustments.

And thanks brothers!
What do you have done to the engine? Is it just a stock Type-S that's simply tuned? Also I was under the impression you were sticking with ATTS, are you planning on continuing your plight with that, switching to an LSD or what?

If I were you i'd be going for an RMF header, it's going to do a lot more good for you than the ITB's unless you plan on really building the type-s. Either way good luck and glad to hear everything going good with the swap. :tu

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
expierence97 said:
What do you have done to the engine? Is it just a stock Type-S that's simply tuned? Also I was under the impression you were sticking with ATTS, are you planning on continuing your plight with that, switching to an LSD or what?

If I were you i'd be going for an RMF header, it's going to do a lot more good for you than the ITB's unless you plan on really building the type-s. Either way good luck and glad to hear everything going good with the swap. :tu

Yeah its all basic bolt ons. DC 4-2-1, Apexi N1, AEM CAI. The knock sensor went to shit, and i didnt feel like dropping the Atts to get to it. I planned on getting tuned anyways, so this just expidited the process. Im really pissed that the OBD1 doesnt jive with the ATTS ecu. Before the P28 the Atts light would come on right after the CEL for the knock sensor which is normal. But now the Atts light stays on with the P28. Now there could actually be something wrong with the Atts, but i didnt have time to figure out how to troubleshoot the system so i pulled that ecu for it for now. Ive been looking for a thread that TypeSHRacer put a link to troubleshooting the Atts, but i havent found it yet. If all else fails then i would like to find a LSD trans but im not sure if the bell housings are diff. or if major mod. is needed to do so.

Yeah i think the Header will come before the ITBs, it just makes the most sense. I love the look of the RMF, but Brauning deals with HyTech exclusively, so i may see if i can get a deal.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think ATTS and any OBDI ECU are gonna have problems. I never really looked into this, but I know that people can add stuff into the P28 for things like IABs and knock sensor if you wanted them. Maybe they can add ATTS functionality also? PM Blake if you want more info. I can't remember who he sent me to when I was looking into this, but I was thinking of having the IAB stuff added to a P28. I never asked about ATTS though.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
MacTown said:
Yeah its all basic bolt ons. DC 4-2-1, Apexi N1, AEM CAI. The knock sensor went to shit, and i didnt feel like dropping the Atts to get to it. I planned on getting tuned anyways, so this just expidited the process. Im really pissed that the OBD1 doesnt jive with the ATTS ecu. Before the P28 the Atts light would come on right after the CEL for the knock sensor which is normal. But now the Atts light stays on with the P28. Now there could actually be something wrong with the Atts, but i didnt have time to figure out how to troubleshoot the system so i pulled that ecu for it for now. Ive been looking for a thread that TypeSHRacer put a link to troubleshooting the Atts, but i havent found it yet. If all else fails then i would like to find a LSD trans but im not sure if the bell housings are diff. or if major mod. is needed to do so.

Yeah i think the Header will come before the ITBs, it just makes the most sense. I love the look of the RMF, but Brauning deals with HyTech exclusively, so i may see if i can get a deal.
This the one man? http://hondatech.info/

Pretty good numbers for what you have. Get those numbers up to 190+whp with the RMF. ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i saw where you could choose to eliminate the knock sensor, O2 sensor heater, and some other stuff but that was in the Hondata program itself. Now i dont know/think you can solder/socket anything into the P28 to allow the ATTS to work being that the ATTS has its own seperate ecu. I havent heard of anybody else running a P28 in a SH so i dont know where to look right now. And i thought that Blake didnt exist here anymore.

There will be no graph until i retune on a new header. No printout :(

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
expierence97 said:
This the one man? http://hondatech.info/

Pretty good numbers for what you have. Get those numbers up to 190+whp with the RMF. ;)

I found the thread, but the link was dead. I didnt see where to DL anything about the ATTS. But i have the Service Manual, going to see if there is anything in there i can use. Hopefully it provides a way without using a factory tester.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
MacTown said:
Yeah i saw where you could choose to eliminate the knock sensor, O2 sensor heater, and some other stuff but that was in the Hondata program itself. Now i dont know/think you can solder/socket anything into the P28 to allow the ATTS to work being that the ATTS has its own seperate ecu. I havent heard of anybody else running a P28 in a SH so i dont know where to look right now. And i thought that Blake didnt exist here anymore.

He's around every now and then, seems occasionally he's on the all motor forum and than here in the prelude forum of course. He's at www.-**************-.com (take out the -'s)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
MacTown said:

He's around every now and then, seems occasionally he's on the all motor forum and than here in the prelude forum of course. He's at www.tuner junction.com (take out the spaces)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The guy that blake sent me to said he could add stuff to the ECU itself, then socket it for whichever program you wanted to run (hondata, crome, uberdata, etc)

It seems like the ECU would just need to output some specific sensor readings for the ATTS computer to utilize, but I don't really know enough about it.

edit: I believe it was the same people that socketed his ECU when he got into chrome. Maybe phearable?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bob12345 said:
The guy that blake sent me to said he could add stuff to the ECU itself, then socket it for whichever program you wanted to run (hondata, crome, uberdata, etc)

It seems like the ECU would just need to output some specific sensor readings for the ATTS computer to utilize, but I don't really know enough about it.
But i dont know how that would do anything being that the seperate ATTS ECU reads all the ATTS related sensors, i.e. G-sensor, Yaw sensor, wheel speeds, etc.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
MacTown said:
But i dont know how that would do anything being that the seperate ATTS ECU reads all the ATTS related sensors, i.e. G-sensor, Yaw sensor, wheel speeds, etc.

you wouldn't be able to program the ATTS computer into the ECU, that's too much hardware/software. But you might be able to add the proper interface to allow the ATTS computer to do it's job.

I dunno, ultimately I decided to wait on changing my ECU cause of all this hassle

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bob12345 said:
you wouldn't be able to program the ATTS computer into the ECU, that's too much hardware/software. But you might be able to add the proper interface to allow the ATTS computer to do it's job.

I dunno, ultimately I decided to wait on changing my ECU cause of all this hassle
Shit, if all that has to be done, i think i would be better off looking into doing a LSD trans swap. :eek:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
MacTown said:
Shit, if all that has to be done, i think i would be better off looking into doing a LSD trans swap. :eek:

That's exactly what I don't know. I'm not sure how involved it would actually be to add that in, or if it's even possible. When I asked about the IABs being added into the P28, that apparently was a very easy thing, cause he was just gonna do it for me at no extra charge. My guess is that adding the ATTS in there would be more involved, but I just don't know enough about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.