Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is what will happen if I run the stock p28 on a B18A1.. I got it to crank off of it, but I shut it off immediately...

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
you wont get any of dat vtack! :hehe

probably wont run like it should if you drive it, just get it chipped and tuned.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
It should work but it will throw a CEL when VTEC is supposed to kick in...and your fuel/timing maps are going to be way off.

Use a non-vtec ECU. They are a dime a dozen

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gurusan said:
It should work but it will throw a CEL when VTEC is supposed to kick in...and your fuel/timing maps are going to be way off.

Use a non-vtec ECU. They are a dime a dozen
I have the stock ECU from the 94 Civic HB.. I think that it is the P06 I think... It is no vtec, do you think that it is going to work.. The Fuel maps for that ECU is gonna suck though.. I will probably lose hella power right... Does the LS use more fuel, or less than the D16z6? You do not think that it is going to blow up or anything if I use the P28 from the d16? Thaks all is appreciated...!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
What works for one motor most likely won't work for another. My integra was running low 15's with the stock '95 LS ecu. My buddy has a dynotuned Hondata S100 tuned for ls/vtec. My car ran consistent mid 16's with this ecu. You'd think a dyno-tuned ecu would perform better than regular old stock ecu, but you'd be suprised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.