Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i just picked up a P28 (or so i thought)-looks like it's been converted to a Vtec ECU.....guy said it was pulled from a running d16....ok so i get it... hook it up, throw my basemap in it start my car and it fries the Q31 right off... ok no prob.. don't really need it anyways... so i pulled it out... started the car again and it acts like it's missing a plug... like it's running off 3 cylinders... revs like it should... my 2-step kicks in and everything... so it's working off the chip but what could make it run like that.... the Q30??

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI it's on running a B16a2 (in my 00 si)

· Registered
275 Posts
Why are you running a P28 on a B16A2?? The P28 is the stock ECU off the D16Z6 that came on the EX/SI models on the 5th Gen Civics.

I have heard of people running the P28s on other engines but they had it Chipped/Socketed and setup for running the other engine. I heard of people doing LS swaps like I did and running a Chipped P28..I run a P75.

· Registered
36 Posts
Hey Integra Racer if u don't mind me askin how much did u end up spending for the turbo kit+install+tune=total. Cuz i have a bone stock 00 si, with SRI, and have saved about close to $2000. I need to do something to it fast, stock is getting too slow now lol. thnx in advance. "BTW i was thinking about T3/T4 hybrid kit"

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Hey Integra Racer if u don't mind me askin how much did u end up spending for the turbo kit+install+tune=total. Cuz i have a bone stock 00 si, with SRI, and have saved about close to $2000. I need to do something to it fast, stock is getting too slow now lol. thnx in advance. "BTW i was thinking about T3/T4 hybrid kit"
take it to the pm's. and t3/t4 kits are garbage. they're too big for a 1.6 liter. piece yourself a kit together. unless you got info on his problem don't post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.