Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, digitalpose officially crapped out and messed up the paint change tutorial, so here it is again w/ the pictures on a active host.
--------------------------

pro-lude requested I explain how how I changed the paint job in one specific case of EH2's request for his red hatch to Lexus cibola gold, and here's the tutorial I created, you may need to subsitute different methods and tool for different steps in other cases, such as dark blues to light yellows and such

save the pic of the hatch twice as different file names (i.e. "hatch1" and "hatch2")

save the pic of the lexus

open Photoshop

open both the pictures

select the body that need a paint change, using the free lasso tool

move your cursor to the tools and under the hand tool is your foreground shade (grey square) click it

this small window will appear after clicking the foreground hue box, after it appears, click on the paint job of the Lexus, in the area you feel the true hue is best shown

still having the hatch's body selected, go to image--->adjust--->hue/sturation, and then select zero as the saturation level

the hatch is now grey-ish (no color sturation whatsoever), it should like like this

select the paintbrush tool, then select color mode (mode pull down menu next to brush size, make sure you use 100% also) and paint the entire selected area

it now should look just like this (this is a zoomed-in shot)

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now the passenger side taillight need to be replaced back to stock, open your second hatch pic (i.e. "hatch2") and select the taillight using the free lasso tool, then copy it after you're done selecting

go back to the hatch in progress and paste in your taillight you just copied from the second stock hatch, and using the move tool (keyboard shortcut v), move it to where it covers the gold-looking taillight

now it's back to stock, it should look just like this

*repeat taillight process for the bit of license plate also showing*

if you have any edges of the body still looking red from missing it with the lasso tool, just select paintbrush (color mode at 100%) and have the lexus gold as your hue and paint over the red, I suggest brush size 5 in this case.

and now you're done :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
some people have different ways. i select the whole car with the polygon lasso and then deselect the parts that i dont want painted. then go to color balance and mess with the colors from there or use the eye dropper and choose a color with that. then overlay that car with as many lasyers as you want. thats just my way thats kinda easier:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would just like to point out that in one of the steps that has you going to the hue and saturation menu, The tutorial says go to 0, but you need to go to -100 ish. Thats why it didnt work for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.