Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got hit while parked on the street a couple months ago. I bought the front and rear driver side doors and I put the front on a week ago and last night i put the rear on. Since the rear door was of a 97 V6, the white color didnt match with mine. DAMN HONDA :ninja. Now I'm looking to paint the car since i was planning to repaint my hood anyways and the 11 year old color is showing its age. I dont want to go to a dealership cuz i know i'll get riped off. Most of the paint shops are in South PHX, which means ghetto. I called this one place and they told me that their $750 paintjob is on speacials and costs only $399. I asked and they told me that they use 3 coats of base color plus 2 coats of clear. They offer a 6 year warrent with it. What do you guys think and what the best way to go?

·
Registered
160 Posts
your whole car painted for 400 bucks? if you know any customers, that'd prolly be your best bet. a friend of mine got his car painted at maaco for 500 or so. they ended up painting his exhaust tip, parts of his tires, the trim, and the corners of the back window.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've decided to get my car painted at Maaco. I went there and got an estimate on one of the best paintjobs they have. They will paint the car, sand the color and buff it out. There were some cars freshly painted which i took a look at and it was a job well done. The masking was done properly and without the color sanded or buffed, there was no orange peal. They'er asking for $900 with buffing and sanding and offer a 4 year warrenty. I'll try n nagotiate for less. Maybe it varies from place to place but at this maaco, it looked like they knew what they were doing. I'll go back and scope the place out some more and see what i come up with. I'm open to suggestions or if anybody is from the PHX area and knows a good place, let me know about it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
maaco.. eh.. you should see if they will take some off on labor if you do the prepping yourself and make up some BS saying that you want a "custom color" that they dont have see if you can buy PPG paint or other good quality paint and clear coat from somewhere else and pay them just to spray it on. its their prepping the the paint/clear coat they use that makes their paint jobs so shitty.

my ricer mustang friend got a "top of the line" maaco and its fading and peeling now after 2 yrs. if you plan on selling the car soon then i think its ok.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bonestock94 said:
a dealer will cost a grip. there arent any reputable independant shop around your area?

Not any that i know of. I visited a couple of shops around my "hood" and they're cheap and shitty. I went to maaco and it didnt seem that bad, but now that i heard your expiriances with them, i'll stay away. If anybody from the PHX area knows a shop that does honest work, please tell me. I need to paint my car as soon as possible because i have a rear door on that doesnt match my color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts