Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Maaco??? your kidding me right? thats the last place youd want to go to........... I worked at Miracales and this place was a step higher than Maaco ....... this place cuts corners and their painting sucks....... sorry for the outburst but you dont need to go waisting your money there itll only peel in a matter of months after the warrantie is done for ( maybe before)

·
Registered
349 Posts
my friend body shop did mines....i got a hook up...depends on what you want done....color change will cost any where from 1700-2500 depending on place...if they want to rip you off 3000 same color around 1500-2000 dents removed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my car is white and i want to paint it black but i cant throw down 2g's because im only 17. i wanted to go somewhere where it was under a thousand.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Color change is going to be expensive since they will have to paint under the hood, door jambs, trunk area, also.

If you were to paint the car the same color, it will a piece of cake for them. I ask for my 94 Integra (4-door) and a few shop quoted me around $1200 to get my whole car repainted (exterior) and all the dings and dent filled. This is with PPG paint also (quality paint). Of course though, I was painting it the same color.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
is 800 dollars to cheap to. basically remove dents and retouch the whole car back up. We took my friends civic to this shop and the guy said 800 dents and repaint the car. I see lexus go there and get painted is that good, or cheap quality???

·
Registered
348 Posts
i would only go to shops that are recommended by other ppl with good reputation. ..

Will the shop remove bumpers, tail lights when painting....The most important part of a paint job is the prep!

·
Registered
87 Posts
if any of you are in the san diego, ca area i recommend goldcrest off of university ave. Im about to get an orange paint job on my 4 dr 5 gen accord. $1300-1400 everything painted, plus a lifetime warranty on the paint as long as you own the car. thats jus my $000000000000000000.02

·
Registered
99 Posts
caliber collision center in san diego or la/orange county area. or fountain valley bodyworks for those in the orange county area did a really nice job on a friends rx-7, they took apart the whole car and painted the pieces individually and put them back on the car.

·
Registered
319 Posts
UnIdentify said:
it starts at 1000 to 2000gs
He is right for a really good paint job.Read my sig I am getting all that done for $1700.......and That is because the shop guy is old friend of mine he would normaly do that same job for about $3000......good luck

·
Registered
319 Posts
95AccordCoupe said:
i heard you can get one at maaco for 800

Hey guys I did some research and I found out why Macco,and those other places do your panit for so cheap.....They don't even sand your car down there spray right over the original paint,or as far as sanding goes they might take a SCOTCH BRIGHT pad and knock the dirt off and then spray it........Please don't do it just save 2000 and get it don't the right way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
are there any places recommened in the S.F. bay area? and if so, how much did you pay, what did you have done, and how was the quality of the job done?

·
Registered
542 Posts
SaUcY_bOi said:
are there any places recommened in the S.F. bay area? and if so, how much did you pay, what did you have done, and how was the quality of the job done?
I think there is this body shop on 19th...I always see fixed up cars there...i think this really sweet rx7 is a regular. It by the stonestown mall, near the muni tracks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
yookichul said:
caliber collision center in san diego or la/orange county area. or fountain valley bodyworks for those in the orange county area did a really nice job on a friends rx-7, they took apart the whole car and painted the pieces individually and put them back on the car.
can you give me an address or phone number to bodyworks? I tried a search on the yellow pages and nothing came up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I Say $800.00 to paint exterior.... and $1200-$2000 paint inside out. my shop charges me $800.00 to paint just the exterior... well i was asking for a friend to paint his Teg... but it'll cost more to paint the engine bay and insides.....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
quality paint job that looks really nice(probably nicer) like OEM will cost you 2g to 5g depends on which color.

you get what you paid for. you can just go get some dupli-color paints and paint it your self. but remember car is not a drawing sheet. you better be damn good at it. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts