Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Mugen Style lips a while ago but never really got a chance to put them on cuz shit kept on coming up (someone hit my doors, had to replace them both est.). Now that that’s done, I’m looking forward to putting my lips on, but I don’t want to pay the shop to do it for me. I rather take my time and do it nicely then pay and have it look like crap. Ok, 1st question, what kind of paint is recommended for any body work, is pray paint such as "duplicolor" good enough? Will it last? I know that people buy paint for like $150 for like a small amount but I don’t think I’ll go that far, and I don’t have a spray gun. Another question is what kind of primer should I use (color) since the car is white? I know how to prep the item before spraying but as I understand, primer will determine the tone of the color so is light colored primer recommended? My last question is does anybody have the mugen or mugen style side skirts and do they go over the stock? You would think it goes over the stock since the lips that I got is hollow from the inside and there is nothing you can bolt it on to except for the stock lip, but my mugen lip has a vent on the side which is why the back end cant fit over the stock lip. Should I cut the back end of the stock skirt or the area that interferes with the vent so it can fit? How does this go, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
772 Posts
try a serach for painting side skirts, should be the same thing

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Wet Sand it down, make it smooth,
color of the primer paint should be the lighest gray primer paint you can find at a store.
Krylon Primers are good, use the whole can(1~3 llight layers)
and as far as paint..
DupliColor is good paint, just that it's hard to find a matching paint, use good 3~4 layers if u do happend to find a good matching paint.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mad-ass said:
Wet Sand it down, make it smooth,
color of the primer paint should be the lighest gray primer paint you can find at a store.
Krylon Primers are good, use the whole can(1~3 llight layers)
and as far as paint..
DupliColor is good paint, just that it's hard to find a matching paint, use good 3~4 layers if u do happend to find a good matching paint.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts