Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to paint a salvage teg I just got and my 99 Lude, anyone has good experience with a shop in the Twin Cities area.

I got a cousin the got his drag car painted a few years back and they f_%Ken suck. He sent it back a few times but after a while it was like fu#$K it.

So I just dont want any place with no skills. I dont need a Import Showoff paint job but just good enough for the average Joe to say "clean car".

Seriously the most I'm willing to spend is $1500 on each car, they have no major body work needed just a few small dings here and there. So is 1500 going to be enough for a decent paint job or do i need like 3 grand or so.

I have no knowlege in auto painting prices at all because I've never got my car painted, and my cousin supposely got "hooked" up so I can't compare the price.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
anywhere beside macco...my cuz got his done everyother month and it still sucks...i forgot but my bro said that there is one somewhere on payne in stp thats good, but i dont knoe which on...i need a good shop too cuz i'm thinking bout painting my 92 gsr sometime in the fall 05...good luck

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a place on payne that do custom paint and work but they're mostly into hotrod. I just don't like going into a domestic place that hate your honda. There use to be a place on maryland and whitebear that does work on heads and blocks so I ask them if they could steam clean my motor and do a 3 angle valve job but the f%@ker said he wont touch an import period. I know to a lot of shop " buisness is buisness" but why go if they won't even take pride in doing work on something they got no respect for.

Looking through the yellow pages I found plenty but whos to say they do good work thats why I need word of mouth advertisement.

Any more info peeps just holla back.........and oh yeah for peaple who know, is a $1500 paint job good enough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
CK Imports is located on Frost Ave. in Maplewood (on the left side going east). They do a pretty good job, I've seen some of the cars they've painted before. And they're not bad on the price. I wish I still had the phone number but yeah. Just letting ya know:)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah I know where that is, but I didn't know it was called that, I'll give them a call, thanks bro.

Hopefully 1000-1500 bucks is enough to make my car look good.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
MNsnowdaboy said:
Oh yeah I know where that is, but I didn't know it was called that, I'll give them a call, thanks bro.

Hopefully 1000-1500 bucks is enough to make my car look good.
Umm, thats not gonna be enough unless you plan on painting the car yourself. Youre gonna need at least 2-3 grand for a good paint job that wont chip or peel especially here in minnesota. If you want a cheap paint job, then better get macco, their shit is cheap and you get what you pay for. I dont think there are any shops in town that I'd trust to paint my car, I'd let my cousin do it since hes done a few nice cars alread but hes always busy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam 2-3 grand, that's a whole lotta money.

I'm now thinking about selling my car so I don't think I would want to spend that much and then sell the car.

How about how much will it cost for a good enough paintjob so the buyer would be satistfy with it. I mean I don't want to rip anyone off and have the paint start peeling on them after a couple months like what happened to me.

I just want a good enough so I will get a good money back for the car so I could put down on a brand new car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Need a paint job i have someone

If your still looking for a paint job i have someone
call me at 612 414 8770
or email me at [email protected]
My body guy is the guy from stellars if you us to know a shop named that
or I'll have my paintbrush guy work on it so contact me and I'll ask for pricing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.