Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the air craft stripper to strip the paint from my wheels then I spray paint it using dupicolor wheel paint and the paint wont stick, and turns powdery....HELP PLEASE!!! this is the second time this happened to me and first time it happened i thought it was bad paint! HELP!!

·
Registered
37,990 Posts
hamadiscool said:
ANYONE !?!

the only tjhing i can say,

is did you sand it down by hand??? give it a surface to ahere to?

if you did...you can go to the local autozone and pick up a can of spraypaint adhesive. its a can of glue that you spray on a surface before you spray paint it with paint.

i used this method on my front grille and it looks good. now after 2 years i have a couple of dings and nicks but its a grill on a daily driver.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Randomhero said:
the only tjhing i can say,

is did you sand it down by hand??? give it a surface to ahere to?

if you did...you can go to the local autozone and pick up a can of spraypaint adhesive. its a can of glue that you spray on a surface before you spray paint it with paint.

i used this method on my front grille and it looks good. now after 2 years i have a couple of dings and nicks but its a grill on a daily driver.
yup.

i do this everyday in the Navy. need to sand it. then use some dish soap. an wash the rims. let them dry. youll be good. promise. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.