Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know a website where i can order auto paint cause im looking for this color flint black metallic clearcoat that was the color of my car before and now im trying to find a website that sells it does anybody know

·
Registered
506 Posts
if you are planning on doing this yourself read a couple books on autobody and paint before you go filling rust holes with bondo and sanding your car down with 80 grit, theres more to it than most people think...look in the phone book for an autobody supply store to get your materials, any autobody supply store can mix any OEM color in a variety of brands ie ppg, dupont, spies hecker, sickens, R&M to name a few. R&M is definately the most user friendly paint out there but it costs a bit more than others. If you are planning on having a body shop do the job (which I highly reccomend especially for black) then just let them take care of buying the paint, they know what to buy, how much, and how to make it all work. Just so you know most peoples first attempt at body/paint with no formal training doesn't come out any better than Maaco, its not quite as simple/forgiving as painting the interior of a house. I've given out lots of advice on the topic on this forum over the years, search my name you'll probly come up with some good tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.