Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my freshly painted valve cover. I think it turned out nicely. I used high heat engine enamel for the base coat, and then some generic high temp kelly green paint that my dad had laying around. Then I sanded down the lettering.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why green you ask. I saw a white itr with a carbon fiber hood in the June 2003 Volume 15 No. 6 issue of Sport Compact Car. The valve cover was painted a dark green, and i just liked the look of it, and had never seen anyone with a green valve cover like that before. I think the green has a clean look to it. I'm happy with how it came out. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Yeah, really nice job :tu:! I don't think the green looks outta place. Not a traditional choice but not bad at all! Looks really nice IMO!!:D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it took me maybe an hour or so, with letting it dry between the engine enamel and the high heat green. once again thanks for the compliments guys. when i sanded the lettering down i started with a rough paper, not sure what it was, and then ended with a 1000 grit. it's not a hard process at all, this is the 3rd one i've done i think, the first for my own car though. thanks again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haven't had any problems with overheating. engine temp. is slightly below the half way mark under normal/aggressive driving.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
CivicPwR_56 said:
fo sheezy, looks good, i painted my valve cover red on my sohc, it looked good till the motor blew :rolleyes:
couldnt handle the extra 50hp painting the valve cover gives it eh :p :eek:

j/p ... that looks pretty good man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts