Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The product I used was VHT Wrinkle Plus. None of the stores around here have it, so I bought it on Amazon from ernmar. Total price after shipping was $13.48.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/002-0832103-8153649?_encoding=UTF8

First, I stripped the paint with a can of paint remover from Lowes (mmm... methylene chloride). The paint scraped right off with an old credit card. Next, I cleaned the valve cover with some simple green. Then I masked off the lettering with chapstick. I masked off the bolt locations by wrapping the black rubber bushings with elastic pipe thread tape, and then placing the bushings in their locations, painting over them. I used about half the can, which yielded good results. Three hours after painting, I scraped the chapstick and paint off the lettering with a razor blade. When it was completely dry, there were a few smudges of paint on the lettering which I removed by block sanding with very little pressure for about 60 seconds.

I still need to detail the engine bay.

And some glamor shots.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nicely done. What type of paint did you use? I was wanting to do the same thing with mine.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeffry6996 said:
hey man it came out real nice. i was told from the guy at the store i bought the wrinkle paint from to do it on a hot day. how hot was it when u did it???
It was about 90 degrees at the time. They say you should put it in the oven shortly after painting it, but I didn't need to. I just laid it in the grass amongst the gnats and leaf litter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.