Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
When I was looking to get both a front & rear prepped, painted, and mounted I was getting quotes in the $350.00 range from professional shops. So instead I did the prep work myself and had a aquaintance paint it for me in their CC autobody class. Just including the supplies and such (sanding paper/blocks, 2x tape, painting supplies, paying my friend $50 for his time, etc.) I probably spent under $150.00 :D

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shiba-Kun said:
When I was looking to get both a front & rear prepped, painted, and mounted I was getting quotes in the $350.00 range from professional shops. So instead I did the prep work myself and had a aquaintance paint it for me in their CC autobody class. Just including the supplies and such (sanding paper/blocks, 2x tape, painting supplies, paying my friend $50 for his time, etc.) I probably spent under $150.00 :D
yeah im thinking about having this guy at a shop sell me the paint himself and then just get my neighbor to take care of it because he knows how to work with paint real well

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
It was very fun! Alot of the equipment I already had in my garage. Things like respirators, latex gloves, tarp/drop cloth, sandpaper, etc. I even used spraycan primer which is very inexpensive and worked OK for my needs. BTW: I did my sideskirts at the sametime too, so including both lips & the two sideskirts I think I only needed two cans of primer and even then I had enough to do multiple layers and both front and back sides. Good luck dOOd!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts