Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend at work just got an HX and I am going to help him clear the head lights in just over a week. I told him we could paint the inside chrome black to match the paint. I showed him a pic out of Super Street (he's new to the scene) of the black housing and he liked it.

I cleared mine out back in late 98. I got the instructions on how to clear the lights, but not how to paint (take it apart) the chrome on the inside.

Any sites with this info?

Thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
i painted mine flat black.. have no problems yet.. all you have to do is do what u normally would do to clear out the headlights, then spray it w/ flat black paint.. and check to see what kinda paint u get.. some might not stick to the chrome.. let dry etc etc.. and put it back together.. and wa lah... u have ur black housings.. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
o yeah one other thing... dont spray the part where the headlight reflects.. unless u dont wanna use u headlights at nite ;) im pretty sure u guys are smart enuff to kno where to paint and where NOT to paint..

·
Registered
960 Posts
RareSI said:

The section is not going to be titled "Painting headlights".

Look for how to "clear" the headlights... Once you get them apart to clear them (or not), you can paint inside.
You people don't read questions clearly. The origional qiuestion was how to paint the housing. What methods are involved. (ie: what paint, how many coats) He stated he has cleared his lights before. Implying he knows how to open them up.
Good link otherwise.:cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hell, I guess I'll share some info. I recall reding somewhere that black BBQ paint is a good paint to use. It's a nice flat dark black and can take high temperatures.
:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
if you really wanna make them match, use HONDA paint to match the car. I'm sure it can withstand the heat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think you guys are reading his question.

He wants to paint the clear housing, not the chrome to make it look like a type r.

I don't know what will happen with the heat situation, but you can buy transparent spraypaint (like everyone used to use on clear tailights). It comes in serval diff colors, red, black, purple, maybe others. Try a hobby shop or Sport compact car and other mags usually have that paint for sale in one ad somewhere.

THe more layers you paint, the darker the lights will get.

On a real civic type r I think the clear housing is smoked also.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Mikeb Said:
I don't think you guys are reading his question.

He wants to paint the clear housing, not the chrome to make it look like a type r.

Actually...you don't know how to read questions.

LX98Civic said:
I told him we could paint the inside chrome black to match the paint. I showed him a pic of the black housing and he liked it.

I got the instructions on how to clear the lights, but not how to paint the chrome on the inside.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my bad

·
Registered
960 Posts
Like this..

·
Registered
49 Posts
jaysi said:
Like this..

yO jaysi, where'd you get that pic?

'cuz there's a guy that lives around my old neighborhood (KoreaTown in LA) with a car EXACTLY like that. I was down there this morning picking up some Hyper White bulbs and I saw him AGAIN, only now he's got some projector headlights painted orange.

If that car in the pic is from Canada, then that's some weird shit..two replica cars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey i know u

hey elektron blue u were on importrendz b4 it all fukd up???
i remember u from it, coz of those little pics at the bottom of ur posts...wats happening with the new site, coz u know all those ppl from the portland area that started that website dont u?...it was really good b4 it turned really bitchy.....ne way catch ya lata

1 - 20 of 36 Posts