Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to paint side-skirt myself?

What do I need?

I want to paint them to match my car's color. (Taffeta White)

Please tell me how to do it.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
as for the paint i'm not really sure where you would get that from or what the color code is, if someone else can post that. but i know for the skirts you are going to want to sand them a little to get them a little tough to take in the paint, and then you are going to have to add a flex additive to your paint in order for it to stick to the paint without it peeling off. you will probably want to do about 2-3 coats. then you will want to spray another 2 coats of clearcoat ontop of it to protect the paint and give it a nice shine. i'm glad i just got my skirts off a wrecked si :) thank you trent hehe

· Registered
410 Posts
ahh, i had to register again!! argh.. but anyhow..

in the long run, getting your side skirts painted professionally is worth it.

i've posted many threads about painting ur own shit before. i have a 99 civic ex coupe and i paitned my own side skirts. i spent about $30 and i awlays had to touch it up every 6 months.

getting it professionally done will cost around $100. since your from la, your not that far away from me.. i know quite a few shops that would do it for around $100.

so yeah, basically, save up some more ends and get it professionally done.. ITS WORTH IT!! if u want proof.. i'll show u pics of my sideskirts now. :eek:

· Registered
65 Posts
dude...you're gonna spend like 20-30 bucks on paint and all the work and sanding the sideskirts....why not pay a professional 100 to do it? The quality will be 1000000 times nicer and the white wont turn to yellow and crack

· Registered
410 Posts
slvrcivic said:
dude...you're gonna spend like 20-30 bucks on paint and all the work and sanding the sideskirts....why not pay a professional 100 to do it? The quality will be 1000000 times nicer and the white wont turn to yellow and crack
stock 00 civic side skirts are plastic black. u will not need to sand it. all you have to do is put a coat of primer then paint then clear coat. it will not turn yellow or crack(well, only if u really kick it). trust me, i have alot of experience in this kinda shit.. cuz im a cheap ass myself.. i wanted to save a few bucks.

· Registered
65 Posts
damn aznmc posted it rite before me so i didnt see his post...i feel im repeating his shizz...but anyways...what we both say is true...and i live in LA, CA too so you cna check my sideskirts out too...painted at a shop last year and still looks really nice

· Registered
410 Posts
dang, its pretty late.. i didnt kno u were going to respond this quickly.. heh...

well, there is T&L in rosemead. a few of my friends go there. since your a chick, sweet talk the owner.. :)

my friend got his skirts painted for $75. another friend got his painted for $100.

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aznmc16 said:
dang, its pretty late.. i didnt kno u were going to respond this quickly.. heh...

well, there is T&L in rosemead. a few of my friends go there. since your a chick, sweet talk the owner.. :)

my friend got his skirts painted for $75. another friend got his painted for $100.
Do u know their address?

I'm willing to come over there and get them painted. :)

How long does it take from L.A downtown to rosemead?

Hmm...I got a Si lip and it needs to clearcoat.

I wanna do this myself.

What do I need? (Does Home Depot have them?)

· Registered
2,343 Posts
aznmc16 said:

in the long run, getting your side skirts painted professionally is worth it.

:eek:
I had my side moldings done professionaly. If you are looking for quality then definately the way to go:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.