Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
nah just huff the paint and dream of some bronze slipsstreams:lmao just kidding if you paint them go black any other color than that what prob look like shit(ricer).just save up some money and get some nice 16's. imo i like slipstreams, they look like spoon but they're a hell of a lot cheaper!




yay jdm :w00tz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Painting or powdercoating them is definately an option, any POS ride can look 100% better with a nice set of rims ,so why wouldnt a nice finish on the steelies improve your look. A nice silver always looks good or a matte black or any other contrasting color would work. Worth the time and money? ,entirely up to you.
A POS ride looks better with a good set of wheels ,but a nice ride looks like a POS with crappy wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
Are they actual factory wheels, or steelies as in hubbies minus the caps? If it's the former, then yeah go ahead and paint em or powdercoat - prefereably powdercoat. If the latter...GTFO :p













J/K :hug but seriously - NO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,822 Posts
Painting or powdercoating them is definately an option, any POS ride can look 100% better with a nice set of rims ,so why wouldnt a nice finish on the steelies improve your look. A nice silver always looks good or a matte black or any other contrasting color would work. Worth the time and money? ,entirely up to you.
A POS ride looks better with a good set of wheels ,but a nice ride looks like a POS with crappy wheels
ahh i am sorry man but once again i disagree, and no i am not thread chasing you IMO you must chose the right wheels for the car, painting steelies will look just as dumb as taking off your hubcaps did IMO if you want to do it right, paint the steelies flat black, then put the hubcaps back on for a OE look until you can afford nice wheels, as stated above you have to chose your wheels wisely, just cause you saw a badass volk wheel on a skyline in superstreet mag does not means it looks good on your civic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,616 Posts
if they're already black steelies, just spray the whole things with tire foam every once in a while. personally i wouldn't spend time painting say some silver ones any different color though.. just clean em and save for some nice stockers or some volks.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
ebay rims<anything :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
actually i have 16" steelies and I'm either going to repaint them black (75% chance) or silver (other 25%) just so they look cleaner and not faded/chipped i would buy real rims but all my $ will be going under the hood and into the brakes and all the 16" hub caps i can find are uglier than what i'm trying to cover up and like $80+ a set so if you are in a situation like that yeah i would paint them but i would use a rattle can (of course that's my answer to everything paint wise)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
unless you're going for mad tyte jdm sleeper. fuck steelies
No I'm just gonna be broke after putting 5-6 grand into my car no money for rims that's why i used automotive spray paint on my car :eek:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top