Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of painting my valve cover a nice anodized blue color for my accord, the thing is I want the lettering on there and the H symbol to be painted black, so how can I paint the main body of the valve cover blue and the lettering and H black?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
OldSchoolFresh said:
I was thinking of painting my valve cover a nice anodized blue color for my accord, the thing is I want the lettering on there and the H symbol to be painted black, so how can I paint the main body of the valve cover blue and the lettering and H black?
paint the cover blue, dremel the letters off.. so youve got clean metal, find a black paint marker and paint the letters...

you can find those markers at hobbie and craft stores

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll see if i can get pics on sunday or something, can't do it on weekdays

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read that you have to use something called RTV sealant when you remove the valve cover, do you guys usually do this or do you just remove it and put it back on as it is?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
OldSchoolFresh said:
I read that you have to use something called RTV sealant when you remove the valve cover, do you guys usually do this or do you just remove it and put it back on as it is?
nah you dont need that... just be careful when pulling off the cover so you dont rip or tare the gasket... if you do... you can either get some rtv sealent, or go buy another honda gasket...

when i did mine i went and got the gasket just to be safe... it was like 12 bux at the dealership

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.