Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

some of you may have these indiglo gauges in and think hmmmmm i want different needle colors to clash/coincide with the colors i have, but you dont know what to do? well look no further heres how ya do it

materials:

1. your gagues
2. masking tape (not some that has ruined edges)
3. Marks-A-lot permanent marker whatever color you want (i used red)

and this is how it goes

1. Take your gagues out of your cluster or just remove the bezle

2. start to mask.

3. now take your marker and make LONG, FULL strokes across the needle so you dont get spots and brush strokes b/c it wont look as nice.

and viola you now have painted needles to correspond with your gagues

And heres the finished product, pimp eh?

capn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luder099 said:
what car is that cluster from? does it not have a tach or am i crazy??? :confused

its from a honda CX they never came with tachs so ...yeah i sold my LX one with the tach for monsy after the wreck so yeah. NEXT im doing LED light conversion

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EXccord said:
cant you use spray paint as well?
yeah you can its just cheaper this way and less work and looks pretty much the same. and there is the rumour of the needles being wieght sensitive and the wieght of the paint messing up the gauges but anywho

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
hell yeah that looks good, to bad mine are already red, cuz that would be hard to put another color over it with a marker, can u not take the needle off the gauge?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just painted my needles the other day. I'll see if I can't steal my friends camera phone and take a picture of them in the day and with amber gauge lights at night for ya'll

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hell yeah that looks good, to bad mine are already red, cuz that would be hard to put another color over it with a marker, can u not take the needle off the gauge?

i have tried to yank it off which would be the only way i see it could come off but other wise...no

with those red just spray paint white then mark em up :) and tell us if they drop or something

·
Registered
14 Posts
Capn..

..tried your stuff, and it works, posted two of the pics after painting the needles, check them out in my gallery.

Thks for the great idea!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Argus said:
..tried your stuff, and it works, posted two of the pics after painting the needles, check them out in my gallery.

Thks for the great idea!

WOW this DIY is still on here? im really amazed at how long my stuff stays around even after like....a year or something

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
capn said:
WOW this DIY is still on here? im really amazed at how long my stuff stays around even after like....a year or something

Whao crap, where did you come from?

Hows the FC project going?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The FC is being sold so i can buy another but this time its turbo, and the LED write up is for the FC but i can post somethings along the lines of a honda LED swap. Im in MN right now so i can't do the write up on it but yeah i'll do the LED thing when i can and. just look at my site http://www.yafro.com/clubs/rx7discussion you can check out all my progress here and whatnot. have fun guys

1 - 20 of 45 Posts