Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

It's a long post but I need some advice.

I'm currently looking around for some panels for my 88 CRX ED9 because of extensive rust on my car. Someone's done a shitty job replacing the windscreen and it's rusted completely through all around the A-pillars and the top of the glass where it meets the front of the roof. And that's only on the front. I've been able to find the driver's side (right) A-Pillar

right rear quarter panel

and the complete rear panel behind the taillights

There aren't any other body panels in stock anywhere within Australia, and the A-Pillar and rear quarter panel had to come from Japan, so obviously I couldn't find what I need. I still need the roof skin and the passenger side (left) A-Pillar. Not one dealer in Australia has any stock, and since they're all discontinued it's a matter of finding which dealers might still have these parts in stock in another country.

I've had a look at the San Leandro Honda website, and they have stock.
The part numbers for the parts I need are:

Roof Skin - 62100-SH2-320ZZ in Australia, but San Leandro quotes part no. 62100-SH2-A01ZZ. I don't know what the difference in this number is, because as far as I know the body panels are all the same in measurements. I've noticed that some CRXs don't have the rear washer nozzle, but I'm assuming it's because people have shaved them off, but I want to know whether any CRXs actually came out without the nozzles. This doesn't matter that much, as I can always make a hole for it, I just want to know whether the parts are all the same.

The other part I need is the passenger side A-Pillar (left side). This of course would be your driver's side pillar, and would also have the antenna, which again I'm not too fussed about. In Australia the part no. is 04646-SH2-310ZZ, and San Leandro Honda quotes the no. 04646-SH2-A01ZZ. If anyone knows whether there is a significant difference between these two parts, ie in measurement, or whether it's because of the antenna on the left side (for USDM) let me know.

If there is anyone who also drives on the left side of the road, who's able to find out whether their local honda dealer has these parts, and whether the part numbers are the same, don't hesitate to respond.

I'd rather ask on here than make a phone call to the US, because it'll cost a fair bit if I have to call numerous times. I want to get OEM panels, and I'd rather not go to the wreckers because there will be some stuffing around to fix up any damage and to cut it from the car to begin with. It'll also be hard trying to find a CRX at the wreckers which doesn't have rust on it, which I definitely don't want.

If anyone knows why these part numbers are different for the roof skin and for the left side a-pillar (apart from the antenna) please please let me know. I don't want to hand over money for something that won't fit right!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i need both left and right rear quarter panels.Where did u find those?how much?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
thanks i just tried to get a quote by where i live and they want 560 for 1 side.Thats crazy, i look on that web site and it says 320 or somthing... i rather do tha work my self.Thanks tho

·
Registered
116 Posts
try www.craigslist.org and check the the auto & auto parts section both for crx in cities close by you - you'd be surprised what you might find. I came across some Ingalls rear camber kits (pair for the CRX) for $75 in the box, among other things. Sold my m-cycles through there a few years ago too - free advertising :w00t

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
zookr said:
try www.craigslist.org and check the the auto & auto parts section both for crx in cities close by you - you'd be surprised what you might find. I came across some Ingalls rear camber kits (pair for the CRX) for $75 in the box, among other things. Sold my m-cycles through there a few years ago too - free advertising :w00t

good site going thru with a b18b1 for mad cheap thanks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
zookr said:
Pullinaheadh22 said:
good site going thru with a b18b1 for mad cheap thanks.
dittio

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
dahaven25 said:
how much do yo uwant for them tho do you got aim or ail my sn is dahaven25 and my yahoo is mrmixalot plzz talk to me on there i get confused on here im a newbie

can you not read...click teh link there are pictures and it clearly says the price

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
dahaven25 said:
sorry bout that but idk were the price is and shit i dont know how to get to all that stuff im new at this fourm thing

To get the price and pictures you just need to click on the link I provided on the first page of this thread.

Price is $155 shipped :number1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.