Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i failed the first time...nox was very low, co was average and HC i failed at 70 which i needed a 64 to pass. i was pissed.

luckily i saw how my nox was low so i had room to advance my timing resulting in a hotter burn resulting in reduction of HC and Co.

was i lucky with 6 degrees of advancement it brought down to a 64 exactly and i passed.

i guess in two years if i have the civic still ill have get me a new cat which i was trying to avoid.

im a happy camper!!

Reactions: gurusan

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
was i lucky with 6 degrees of advancement it brought down to a 64 exactly and i passed.
I'm surprised they passed that, because the California emissions inspection requires ignition timing to be within 3 degrees of the manufacturer's specified setting IIRC. Looks like you got in under the radar.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Targa250R said:
I'm surprised they passed that, because the California emissions inspection requires ignition timing to be within 3 degrees of the manufacturer's specified setting IIRC. Looks like you got in under the radar.
i used to do emissions inspection myself and i know thats the reason they have the timing specs set for that reason. but i got out of the auto repair industry

see my buddy did this for me he said as long as i pass thru the tailpipe he can skip everything else...motor, mods, or whatever. pretty much he did only the emissions test skipping the visual and functional test

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.