Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i accidently forgot my log in for my Window Xp...so now evrything is lock out...i can't even boot up for my CD for reinstall new Window...so is there anything i can do for solve this...help me ASAP...thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If it is windows xp HOME, will not work for PRO

restart your computer under SAFEMODE. Press F8 or one of those F button and go to safemode

once there you should be able to go into control panel and go to the user account and change it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i unable to get in Safe Mode or either Bios setting...they got lock out by password....they both ask me for password ...so head up...help me out..thanks

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Okay no idea if this works because i havent need to use it but by reseting your password you will probably lose any recent applications, usergroups and doc you might have saved before. So use this at your own risk and just follow instructions on this site. You might wanna just send the email using ur own email or something.

http://xpcracker.mine.nu/xpcracker/index.htm

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
you could try at th elogon screen hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times it will then allow you to sign in as admin and usually that password is not assigned from the cactory, if it is its usually administrator depending on who built your comp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts