Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help. my computer takes forever loading. booting up is okay. when the winxp pop up where you have to login. i login and it takes about 4-5 min before i can run programs. most of the time everything load quick, but when i click a program it take them 2-3 min before it launch. what could be wrong with it? i use spydoctor at startup, norton antivirus enable, and mcafee firewall, and all those other spy and adware remover. could this be the problem? help me out guys.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
ctrl alt delete, choose task manager and see which apps are taking the most memory and CPU cycles, you may also need a defrag, and check what is in your startup folder

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sounds like all your "protection" is slowing your computer down. Maybe take some of that off, stick with an antivirus, Firefox, get a hardware firewall, don't click on attachments, watch what you download and run a spyware remover every once in a while. that'll do you good. just be smart with your surfing and you should stay clean.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in my startup folder is only my printer. i have mcafee firewall, antivirus, and a router which i believe behind a firewall also. i got firefox. maybe its my protection that slowing it down since everytime i reboot or boot the pc, when it load to my desktop, spydoctor start scanning for infection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.